Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Engine

Bad Email Address

fairly sure if you want the job done right the first time take it to brad sheriff, i dont know him personally, but have met him threw one of his mechanics and he seem's alright,

medwin, that wouldnt happen to be luke would it?

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

brad has actually built some of the most mental cars i've seen including that 400rwkw 20b rx7
    i've never got along with him at all but he does excellent work, he's regularly consulted by v8 supercar teams and has trained one of the best apprentices in the state.
    but yeh, talking to someone who probably fits tyres there is a great way to find out the level of work they do....
    NEAR MISS

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I wouldnt know what his name was, i'd hesitate a guess that neither did he!?
    Which RX7 you talking about Ed? Not Swainy's im assuming, because that certainly wasnt built by sherrif.... V8 Supercar teams? Think someone may have been having you on there too. Dont know what the dude I wasted 3 minutes of my life listening to actually did there, but he certainly didnt do very well in selling me Boost's services... For the record, my opinion (theres that dirty word again...) is based off seeing first hand what sherrif can (or rather cant) do, have had numerous mate's cars come home (if they're lucky enough to make it that far) and not be half as good as when they went up there...

Name
    hamish
    State
    tas
    Country
    Australia

i dont realy think people should be slandeing anyone, specialy when you dont know who is reading it and if its getting back to people that work there......
    some people have good experiences like my self some have bad, Im happy with everything they have done. and i know its been done properly and done right the first time. and if it isnt and somthing goes wrong i know i can take it back he he wil fix it.

Name
    Scott
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Hi spoz..

What happened to the cartons of beer for installation.???..enough people on here with the skills to have done the job....

And probably would have it finished by now instead of being pushed about...

Was your choice I guess...

As a business owner you would also know that first impressions count.

regards

scott
    Last edited by 10000rpm; 18th August 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Name
    hamish
    State
    tas
    Country
    Australia

yeah first impressions take 30 seconds to be made and 1 hour to be changed , dont knoww here i heard that.
    yeah well the beer was offerd , but im thinking if i get somone els to put it in and somthing goes balls up then i can take it back and make them fix it. :s
    hope ur well scott

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

*sherriff did his work placement at my old mans workshop, he and my dad are good mates, i don't like him (either of them actually) but i know what he gets up to.
    *no one is having me on with the supercar thing, he's helped them before, might of only been a bit of input, but it's his opinion they sought while down here. he won apprentice of the year in aus then spent alot of time working for avo turboworld, his ties within certain supercar mechanics lie there
    *the rx7 is a series 5 with a 20b in it, featured in zoom and something else a while back, hunt around on the net and you should find a bit about it.
    *what were your mates cars and what happened? poor workmanship??
    NEAR MISS

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I couldnt care less if it got back to this tool, I said it to his face at the time swear I was cleaning my ears of his shit for weeks.... Well, just make sure you look over the waiver you apparently have to sign there, you may not have a leg to stand on... hey scotty?!
    You're a man of very surprising ties ed! Had 3x mates that I can think of who's cars been left sitting on the dyno requiring pushing off, another 2x came home running worse (only had tuning done) than they were when went up there. Both been to Hobart to be fixed and made the world of difference.

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

The other rule with business is a happy customer will tell 3 people but an unhappy customer will tell 15 people.
    So you might be hearing heaps about a business being shit when actually they are good most of the time.
    I fail to see how anyone could take a car and ruin it to the point where it is impossible to start or run but then on the other hand manage to tune other cars quite happily, unless there are underlying problems with the cars.

Edit: Of course I should mention I've never dealt with the man or his business
    Last edited by Cerby86; 18th August 2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

cerby is right
    i'm very much not a fan of the business and wouldn't take anything of mine there, but i don't think that should be a deterrent for others on here
    yes cars pop on the dyno, it happens everywhere, yes some mechanics overlook problems that others find straight away, thats modified cars for you, i'm just a firm believer in not slagging off business's and other people on forums unless they have the chance to defend themselves, especially when the judgement is made on very few instances and very little research
    NEAR MISS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast