Country
    Australia

Default Some new road rules / fines / demerit points for Adelaide

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adealidebslaws.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	29238

The one that makes me laugh the most is the Failing to have hand on steeringwheel whilst stopped at lights, along with leaving vehicle unlocked.

And since when is playing loud music worse than speeding or tailgating?

Seriously the people who made these laws and punishments need to have a close look at themselves...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Tooting the horn? Shouldn't it be unnecessary tooting?

Name
    Oscar
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lol

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Most of those I have no qualms with and for the most part, they are not 'new' laws. Misuse of the horn, entering an when you are unable to complete the crossing (with the exception of an extinguished red 'turn' arrow with a green light for through traffic) are already existing road rules which should be common practice and widely known.

Some of them are enforcing 'good practice', i.e. leaving your vehicle in 'park' or in gear without the handbrake is unsafe especially in the case of park lock failure (which does happen more often than you'd think). The 'failure to lock vehicle' is also understandable, imagine the amount of policework generated simply because someone didn't lock their doors and someone has walked past, noticed that the doors are open and swiped the phone you left on the seat because you were just ducking in to the shops. I don't intend to put blame on the victim in this instance, although most will misinterpret the motivation behind a rule like this one as doing so. It's no doubt to prevent crimes occurring in the first place as for the most part, crimes like that are purely opportunistic and if you do not give them that opportunity by doing something really simple then it is significantly more difficult for it to occurr in the first place, as entry to the vehicle would have to be forced and is thus not preventable (or just don't leave your valuables in the car). Fining someone for making themselves a potential victim by failing to take simple steps to prevent the occurrence of the crime seems a bit twisted yes, but the sentiment is understandable. This one i do not agree with entirely though.

The keeping left on a multi lane road signposted at 80 or above has been law for yonks, i'm glad it's getting some attention though.

All of that said the 'no hands on the steering wheel' and 'playing loud music' are straight up rubbish.
    Last edited by Javal; 26th August 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Speeelllung
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Loud music is quite distracting. How many douche bags pull up to the lights windows down subs blaring totally oblivious to whats going on around them. Should be fined for just being a wanker.

I dont think they are going to fine you for turning your radio up when your favorite nickleback song is played on mix102.3.
    Last edited by McLEVIN; 26th August 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    Rian
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Is this for QLD or SA? Document refers you to QLD Police but title says "for Adelaide".

The fine for tooting the horn is a bit of a joke, I know of people who have been fined for tooting their horn at other motorists who were in the wrong, like having a car pull out in front of you for example.
    And can someone clear this up for me, is it illegal to flash your highbeams at an oncoming motorist who has forgoten to turn their highbeams off?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Its illegal to use your high beam within 200m of a vehicle behind or on coming...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Laurence
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Entering a intersection when the road beyond is blocked? How Are you supposed to know its blocked

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

these will be all plus victims of crime levy of $60 odd
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

when there is a traffic jam and you enter the intersection when the cars in front are stopped
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast