Name
    ashley
    State
    sa
    Country
    australia

Default T Series Disc brake callipers

Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone has written about this but I've been having rear calliper issues, the LH rear has not been working. At first I thought it was just the outer pad that had not been applied to the disc and just put it down to seized calliper pins.

Then on closer inspection on the hoist I found that it had not be applying either pads, I know my hydraulics are fine so that led me to look closer at the callipers and I noticed that the LH Hand brake "crank" was being held just on and the right was all the way off as soon as I forced the LH crank into the off position the calliper was able to be applied by the hydraulic circuit.

I tried to free the handbrake up but with no luck, so I pulled the callipers off to have a look and found that a needle roller bearing the the handbrake that the crank turns in was rusted and locked up causing my issue.
    So I did the ring around and the usual google of things but could not find the bearing in question, the difficulty was that the bearing had a "window" in it to allow the plunger and pin of the actuator to come through so a standard one was of no use.

So I called a brake place that we have used a lot in the past for a lot of odd ball jobs ( in the past we did a lot of resto type work on older British cars) and they told me that this is a bit of an issue on that type of calliper and that they could custom make a brass bush type bearing to replace my original one and it has worked as treat the handbrake works really well now and both callipers are working with the foot brake.

I thought that this info may help some people that are having rear brake issues and are struggling to find parts.
    Last edited by Ashley1; 6th October 2013 at 06:48 PM.

Name
    john
    State
    auckland
    Country
    new zealand

hey man, not sure but this may help. Worked for me.

Sweet

Name
    ashley
    State
    sa
    Country
    australia

Cheers mate but not the issue I had. It was the roller bearing in the calliper it self that had seized not allowing the HB to release into its rest position.