Thread: MY Ae86

Name
    Kane
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Default MY Ae86

Well i guess its time to introduce myself, the names Kane some people call me Mr Cheng, yes I'm Asian, nek min totals his 86, haha. I'm 18 i like to build cars for fun and to piss of the parents, yes still living with mum and dad. I'm a diesel Mechanic by trade, shittttt should we trust this asian working on petrel cars when his a diesel mechanic? answer is no because i will put glow plugs in your car just to F**k you over.

enough with me time for the car, i bought this car about a month back some people might know it in South Australia, its a ADM ae86 colour is gun metal gray looks like it got a 7 out of 10 paint job, and already done a 4age 16v swap, cool. I don't like any of that, i built a 7age silver top for me ae82 corolla not happy with it so rebuilding it once more and i pored a lot of money into the motor, again. i got smacked with a wok by dad, but yolo haha

ok about the 7age 20v, head has been acid dipped and all valves been ported by a bees dick to be clean, new valve stem seals and all the works along with saving the head as well, bottom end was stock with 7afe pistons yay thats where i stuffed up, it made super low compression ratio and the dyno day was sad, made a shitty 82.6kw at the fronts was not happy. it had a MRP sump spacer to fit the 20v sump and a MRP sprocket to bring back the timing. to sum the motor build up it was my first time ever rebuilding a motor and first time wiring everything up myself. so i was happy with the experience.

now i went on line found some company named Sam Q engineering they helped me out a lot and i went nuts from there. whoever i was talking to over the phone sold me parts i might of not needed, i was as useless as a titless mother. i end up buying cams, 43mm stackers, coil packs, water relocation, TRD head gasket, coil spacer, and over sized 20v silvertop pistons!!! and much more.

I went down to the good mates of mine Chris Milton Engine development in South Australia and had a quick chat about the build, we worked out that i wanted the bores to be bored out by 20 thy then deck the block to the most maximum we can go and shave the head again all to fit a TRD metal head gasket 0.8mm the compression ratio should be at the high 12.1 or even more!!

a Haltech ecu will be backing up the engine and the good people at Southen Hitech Dyno at Edwardstown will be cut for the job, good people there and know whats what. other than that my build will start again near the end of this year, with work commitments i will still get this build done quick, hope you guys will follow the build along the way already done heaps to the car at the moment, and more in the future.

if want to see more of the build and pictures follow me on instagram @chengkane

Kane Cheng Engineering out!

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

What kind of asian doesn't upload pics lol.cant be bothered checking into instagram bud.
    Sounds like a good build.
    All the stuff you bought off sam q sounded like the things that have worked on other peoples builds. Wouldnt decking the block and head the max you can go reduce displacement in order to raise compression?

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

I would rate samqs advice and information highly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!