Thread: My TE71 Liftback 4AGE 20V (lots of pics)

Name
    Brian
    State
    Pattaya
    Country
    Thailand

Cool My TE71 Liftback 4AGE 20V (lots of pics)

Hi i have been Lurking around this site for a while but just now decided to actually sign up and post stuff haha :-D

I got a TE71 which i bought couple years ago in complete rust bucket condition and has been slowly building it to pretty much showroom condition and goes really good too.
    It has won a couple of Flush Competition for best overall fitment and for having the lowest car measured from the roof!

4AGE 20V blacktop with 262 tomei cam and open stacks, Did the engine conversion my self using a chain block attached to mango tree. No joke :-D
    T50 gearbox
    ae86 engine crossmember with manual rack (this car came with box type steering)
    ae86 kouki rear discbrake axle with TRD LSD
    custom manifold, 2.25" pipes, resonator and high flow muffler. (94db)
    DIY front and rear shocks, using the stock one opened it up changed all the warn seals and filled it up with diff oil, its reallllllllly stiff!
    mazda 3 chopped rear springs in the front 3.5kg ish?
    Chopped stock front springs and modded it to fit in the back LOL! 2.5kg ish? it works wonder on horrible thailand road!
    Cusco front and rear sway bar.
    Custom home made Front lip, side skirt and ducktail.

Wheels: TE37V F15x0 et0 R15x9 et0. No spacers!
    Tyres: F175/50/15 R195/50/15

This is the second 20V blacktop in the car, The conrod on my first 20v decided that it didnt wanna stay inside the block anymore.

The first 20v

This is at the 2nd year Thailand Flush anniversary. It was one of the main car at the event.

I built this car mostly for show because i knew from the beginning there was so much rust in the body and chassis thats why i didnt built it with good suspension, i know if i push it somewhere on the body is gonna rip for sure.

At the moment i just picked up a second TE71 which has much MUCH better body. At some point in the future im going to move everything over so ill have a nice looking car and a strong chassis so i can fully use the 20V.

Any question welcome :-D
    Last edited by BANDIT_COROLLA; 9th November 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Name
    Sam
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Those TE37v's are the coolest wheels ever.

How did you get them as 9 inches with 0 offset? The Rays website only lists a single offset for that width (-15).

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nice, chuck up some pics of the second one

Name
    Brian
    State
    Pattaya
    Country
    Thailand

Sure thing :-)

Found this TE71 on the side of the road in so much better condition (chassis wise). It got a 4age Bigport engine sitting in it so i though yes! i got to get it! Driving it home was another story... it was terriable, when i throttle it goes hard right and when i brake it goes hard left... The old warned down box type steering wasnt helping... nearly 1/4 lap of free play! Took it home pulled everything apart straight away.

There was some surface rust under the brake and clutch cylinder but thats quite normal for a car this age. Stripped EVERYTHING off and grinded it all down to bare metal and paint it.

Took the engine crossmember out of the red car and also grinded it down and repaint. While everything was in pieces i got the "tie rod?" what do you call it? modded for extra lock. Referb the rack changed all the bushing and rubber etc...

And this is how i sits at the moment. slowly working on it making sure everything is done right. Once the white car body is all ready im going to move everything from the red car to it. And the white car is going to be painted red one day soon.

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

glad to see you on here now Brian!

rack ends came out good...lets hope you dont need to do any chasis repairs as big as the last one anytime soon!