Name
    Milan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default AW11 + BlackTop 4age

hi guys

my name is milan and i would like to share with you my aw11 build which is still in progress

at the beginning of this year i had purchased this aw11 from some guy who couldn't seem to get it running. it was auto and pretty much standard. so i decided on going for an inspection and brought along with me one of my coilpack/ ignitors i had left over from my ae86. sure enough it started up first go when i plugged it in haha. with the car he threw in a full manual conversion, a spare bigbort, gearbox, seats, and a heap of misc for $1000.

here she is when i first got her
    (the grey one)

so after selling off the spare seats, spare big port and some misc i imidiatly made my money back. at this point i decided i didn't want to keep the big port that was in it so i sold her too.

after i sold the original bigport the car sat around for a long time.

then came the start of october. at this point i had quit my job so i had plenty of motivation/ time to get this thing finished.

started off purchasing a 20v Blactop from japan autos. at $1750 it was a bit steep but the engine had only 50k on it so i decided to go with it.

the car did previously have a/c but i decided to rip it all out anyway. and then i ripped out all the heater components (will be setting up a camping hair dryer as a heater to pass roadworthy. popped the gearbox on, all the mounts and misc and she was in a lot sooner than expected.

then came bolting in drive shafts etc, etc. bought some new bc coilovers from 0g1. cheers to dan for the discount

didn't cheap out on service items

then made the exaust for it. tried to make up the length of a FF cars exhaust the best i can with multiple bends.

then came time to get her wired in. i had razor back ecu sam to wire her in. took the best part of an hour to do so. after making sure the coolant was bled i took her for a little hot lap around the block. must say i am very impressed with the blacktop. the sound of the throttle bodies behind my head is to die for. and the exhaust sounds perfect. very raspy. just what i was aiming for.

this is how she sits now and is about 80% complete

atm i'm just trying to finish her off but it is a little difficult when you're not getting a weekly income. mostly relying on selling all my old corolla/86 shit. once i get my licence back, finding a job shouldn't be as hard as it was. i hope anyways haha.

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

This is awesome.