Thread: ADGP Round 2, Wanneroo Raceway W.A.

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Default ADGP Round 2, Wanneroo Raceway W.A.

In case you guys don't really follow ADGP, I'll just put it out there that Matt Harvey took out First place at Barbagallo Raceway for Round Two Yesterday in his AE71/KE70 (Someone can shed some light on what it is haha :p)! Followed by Matt Russell in His AE86! Show's those Silvia/Skyline boys how we do it! (Too bad they're both SR powered) Also in the state series of the event representing the Corolla guys was Brenton Lapworth in his 3RZ-FTE KE70 qualifying 8th but having issues on Sunday! Unfortunately Beau Yates spun out on the final corner in his battle against Levi Clarke and took a pounding in the rear :p and couldn't finish the event

This one's a snap from a video but still an epic shot of two of the Original Gentlemen boys Brenton and Alex battling it out!

And the Tourney Tree for the National Series -

Final ADGP R2 Points Table

And finally State Qualifying Table

Last edited by AidoKsev; 9th December 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 4AGE KE70 Soon to be 1UZ, Racecar
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I didn't agree with the judging but it was at least consistent. I thought the AE86 took the win watching the battle and was surprised to see KE70 win. Nice to see a corolla on top.

Name
    Matt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Matt Harveys car is a KE70, running a SR22, was SR20 box with dog engagement but I believe is now RB25 gearbox, hilux diff, making a pretty tidy 350kw.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bet you were stoked with a podium.. Seen some videos of your final battles and TBH i was surprised it didn't go the other way. But congrats on achieving second.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Matt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thanks mate, made the trip seem worthwhile in the end, haha.

Where are these videos everyone keeps mentioning? I haven't seen anything. I knew it was close, really close, i'm glad that it was Matt that I went down to in the end.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Matt the 'straighten' that you made that lost you the battle wouldn't even show up on most video as it was more a product of emulation than an actual straighten. You also had better proximity in your chase run... No offence to Matt Harvey, but I think you should have one/ worst case had a re-run although I know you were both rapidly running out of tyre...

Still second place is hardly anything to complain about

It was good fun to watch an 86 cut though the tree although Im pretty sure the commentator was against it happening, lol, he was massively biased!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

I completely agree that Matt (Russell!) should have won as his chase lap was top notch, I know that most of us up in the tent were calling for a re run cause it was hard to call. Then again I'm glad a KE70 won as it gives another selling/buying point to us KE70 guys :p
    20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 4AGE KE70 Soon to be 1UZ, Racecar
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Pretty sure a lot of that footage is actually from GoPros... Not that Andrew at Motive would let the truth get in the way of his agenda...

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!