Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My AE86 from the uk (eventually becoming SR powered)

Name
    Adam
    State
    Leicester
    Country
    UK

Default My AE86 from the uk (eventually becoming SR powered)

Hey guys thought it was about time I started a build thread for my car ! I'm writing this off my phone at the minute but once I'm back at home I'll sort it out properly and get some more pics up

Hope that image link works. I'll leave it at that for now and I'll get some more info up soon

Cheers everyone!

Name
    Ray
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nice little coupe! Looks the goods !

Name
    Adam
    State
    Leicester
    Country
    UK

Cheers

Engine wise it's still pretty standard apart from a set of TRD leads and I think it has a "jasma" exhaust on it. Also got an aftermarket lowered suspension think that might be "tanabe" ??

But since I've had the car in April I've just been enjoying driving it really and here In England we actually had a decent summer so it was good just to enjoy it for what it is !

Interior:
    All the dash and door pillars etc have all been flocked and it looks really nice, also got a cusco dash-dodger cage which I had powdercoated white.

Those last few pictures are from when it was featured in an English car magazine as a feature along side the new gt86 being released where it was driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya the drift king of japan ! Which I think is awesome !

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Fuck yea that's pretty cool that he's drievn it, looks neat man

Name
    Max
    State
    Hawaii
    Country
    United States

Very cool that Dorifto King drove your car dude! BTW, Jasma is actually an abbreviation for the Japan Airspace Safety Monitoring Agency (JASMA) which does pollution type standard thingies for Japan. If you take photos of the suspension bits, I'm sure people here would recognize it and tell you what you've got. I'm digging the Cusco cage, is it a bolt on unit or is it welded and the interior panels hacked?

Name
    Adam
    State
    Leicester
    Country
    UK

That's what the rear suspension looks like. Dunno if it's a good make or cheap make whatever but eventually it will get a set of coilovers the cage is bolt in although it's not even bolted to the car yet because I'm lazy and the kind of person that says "I'll do that tomorrow" haha. Want it to look nice and neat so I'm going to try and cut as neat a hole as possible for the rear side panels but not too sure how easy that is gonna be !

Also in the process of poly bushing the whole car as a lot of the bushes are looking a bit old and perished! Just thought I would set fire to them as I haven't got a press/vice rigged up at home hehe

Name
    Ray
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If you haven't washed that seat yet after the dorikin I would like to gently caress / kiss it. That's so damn awesome.

Name
    Adam
    State
    Leicester
    Country
    UK

Sadly the seats will be coming out as I've got a pair of these to go in...

Got a couple more pics as we all love pictures! This was how I was driving round for a week while my dash was getting repaired and flocked as it had 2 deep cracks on top of the dash. The speedo was nicely cable tied in position haha

Haven't really got any decent pics of the cage but here's an idea...

Also I've been cleaning up the original roll bars and trailing arms etc mainly due to cost. So I'm just gonna paint them and poly bush them for now and maybe in a couple of years if money allows then maybe I can buy adjustable items.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Rear springs are blue so they could always be TRD! Looks great!

Name
    Adam
    State
    Leicester
    Country
    UK

It's a nightmare trying to work on the car and store stuff in this tiny garage of mine !!

Also, today I bought myself an engine crane to get the 4age engine out and start prepping the car ready for the SR20det engine to go in which I've already bought a long with some nice extra goodies

Been looking around at mounts that are for sale and thinking of getting the JSP mounts depending how much they will be shipped to the UK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast