Thread: Glad to be part of the club here is my 1984 GTS

Name
    Adrian
    State
    Quebec
    Country
    Canada

Default Glad to be part of the club here is my 1984 GTS

Well my name is Adrian, made my username the same so make it easy. I'm from Montreal, Canada. Finally found a good clean ae86 been searching for years, now hopefully I can still get parts to complete it, and use it as my weekend driver in the summer months. Here is the story of the car: it is a 1984 gts with no sunroof. Didn't know they came like that, got it from a friend in Toronto has been sitting in his garage since 2001. Who bought it from a guy that worked on the east coast of Canada and was in the military, and mostly sat in the aircraft hanger. He started the project in 1999 collected parts and got bored. The car only has one rust spot on the trunk, the original owner had the car rusted proofed every year from 84 to 97 all the stickers on the door. So many parts and pieces to go through, all brand new still in boxed most of them. Got 4 bumpers the original usdm version and JDM in the toyota box from the dealer in Japan , 3 hatchs a gts, sr5 and with the trd wing. 2 sort a full interior, one black with a grey carbon fiber look strip and the other one in grey. The car is 80% complete. The car has 200000km on it has eibach springs on it with Blistein adjustable shocks, they were install in 2000. some work ewing rims, the covers are some where in the boxes of stuff. He started the 20vavle blacktop swap it is in the car. Just have to do the cooling system, power steering and find a throttle cable, connect the wiring which is sort easy since he had a custom made harness made for it, and intake system. Hoping to get it running by fall so it doesn't take up my garage space for next winter. Hoping to sell the extra pieces or trade for some missing pieces. So far I've changed the trunk for the sr5 version. didn't want the gts tail or wiper it is just going to bake to the glass in the hot summer months, and the TRD wing isn't for me. I've also striped the inside and converting to the all black version minus the seat, and roof. Also got some rust proofing for airplanes at work so going to spray the inside, like what I did for my yaris. So far I'm missing the front piece of the floor carpet in black, may dye the grey one to black, missing the cap on the rear interior stock tower. Also a new rubber trunk weatherseal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0871_640x480.JPG 
Views:	388 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	30386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0872_640x480.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	30387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0874_640x480.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	30388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875_640x480.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	30389

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey welcome to the site. Looks like a good project.
    SamQ here makes all the stuff you need for your 20v to run right.
    Sounds like you have lots of hard to find bits over there which is a good thing.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Also don't worry about the rear wiper baking on. It gets really hot in Australia and I've never had that issue