Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 3550KW SR20 KE70 Wagon

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Amazing work mate, good job with saving her! She looks and sounds rad!!

Name
    Matt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You know me better than that, I have been on the ADGP website once. I know Jason Ferron has been voting for myself Vs. him, so if you want you and I to do it, you best get voting. Haha.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

voting, if u want us to share links etc let me know.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

voting available here for Sydney ADGP State vs Pro

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Ok so, last week i went for a small trip to Sydney to compete in ADGP Round 3 at SMSP, i obviously compete in the state round and am earning my registered drivers place for next season. All i can say is it was well worth the trip, i managed to qualify 1st on the Saturday with the highest scored qualifying run from both state and national classes, then bringing home the 1st place trophy, i also got a mention in presentation for my wicked sick entry's. (i just recently moved my rack forward to use all of my knuckles and boy was it worth it! so much more lock and able to hold allot more angle mid drift)

anyway here are some photos.

on the truck leaving adelaide

top 16 battle was against Eddie Modras old SR ke70

top 8 battle was against Jason Ferron in the ls1 r31

top 4 was against my good mate Daniel Prior in his 1.5j S13

final battle was against brad touhy in his ls1 S13

I also had the highest state driver votes for the grudge match so i got to battle beau yates in his new 86

then did some backies in the extreme entry comp

winners circle and champagne

blazing

i also made up these little canard thingos to stop the rubber spray getting on my stickers because its a pain to clean, and they worked surprisingly well

The worst thing to come from the weekend was i lost my passenger side genuine Jap fender mirror from hitting the clipping point sign with it first lap, never to be seen again.

Im also competing at G1 this weekend at mallala so if anyone is heading out ill see you there!
    Last edited by SR_wagon; 16th March 2014 at 07:33 AM.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Shame about the mirror, looks like you drove like a champ anyways

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

KE70 Party

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

So after Sydney the car got back and i didn't check anything, i put fuel in it and loaded it on the trailer with a pile of Achilles ATR Sport and headed to Round 1 of G1 drift here in SA. Only having limited funds after an expensive prior couple weeks (holiday and got engaged) running cheap tyres (not 123's like everyone else) was my only option and didn't have any hopes to do well due to lack of speed, but i drove the wheels off of my car as usual and managed to finish in 3rd place after qualifying 7th or 8th i think it was. definitely a fun comp! heres the picture story

Qualifying was a bit of a challenge, the track was very slippery so i was struggling for traction

as i said i managed to qualify in the top 16
    first battle was against tim greaves in his baller S14 but unfortunately he couldn't complete his lead lap due to mechanical issues so i was through to the top 8.

Next up was Kelly wong in her ceffy

Through to Top 4 i was against dale campaign, his car is super fast running a full driftworks knuckle set up, 25/30 and 265 achilles 123s so my work was cut out for me but he managed to just top me (ill beat him next time, ill be out all guns blazing)

So it was my battle for 3rd against hayden buckham in his VE ss ute that was the highlight of my day, all over him on the fastest corner of the track and check out my angle compared to his.

and as always i had to have a crack at the extreme entry which i always, either go not quite enough or too much haha, need more practice

and so led to victory skids, I've been hanging to get in a whole victory skid so seeing as the corolla was in a good mood i dropped a set and popped a set haha, who doesn't love a good victory skid? magaed to rip of half my guard in the process

and so brings a slow month or 2 for the corolla with some much needed TLC, my plans were to do the last round of ADGP at calder, but seeing as i have already qualified to be a registered driver for next season i have decided to put the corolla in the shed and get stuck in to getting it ready to take it to some of the best drivers in AUS in the 30 year old KE!

a few mods on the list are (trying to get as much speed out of the old girl as possible)

new full weld in roll cage with side intrusions
    new shockworks coil overs set up to suit the car
    rear diffuser
    remake the fuel cell box for lower center of gravity
    and hopefully not, but maybe some sort of gay wing
    if i have the time i will also be doing a VE head conversion on the old SR

until next time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5 (3).JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	31203  

Name
    Brenton
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Awesome work man! This is the most badass car on here, the battle with Buckham looks great! I've been sussing out how to go about the rear diffuser one mine but its a pain in the ass, because you cant chop out that back section like I did on my sedan. Also have been looking at doing some sort of wing as well, but I cant see really anything that would look good, was going to do like a ducktail/roof wing, but that won't do much for downforce.

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Update time,

I haven’t been doing a lot of driving as of late as I have been getting a bit of ADGP prep done on the wagon. I pulled the bolt in cage out to get my new Rex Kelway weld in cage put in, also got a whole new body loom in it by Jaustech and a new dry cell battery, and holy shit, now with getting more volts to everything it works so much better. Which included rolling off the dyno with a lot more power, the old girl is now making 350rwkw on 21psi, just in time to go on the truck to head to Darwin for the state of origin invitational up at hidden valley raceway.
    Im guessing the whole competition side of drifting wont really interest it a lot of you but im trying to get in to it pretty seriously this year being a registered driver for the whole ADGP season, which includes a new TV show on a major free to air network dedicated completely to ADGP so you can watch the ke on national TV.
    As usual, I’ll let the pictures tell the story
    First of all new the new cage

Next up was to redo the fuel system and make the whole lot lighter taking out the old fuel box and replaced it with a nice light alloy box.

Then painted the cage

Then it went off for a few days to get the wiring done and came home with 3 days to have it back together ready to go on the truck.

My cat helping me do an all nighter on the car

All back together with some fresh stickers

Back on the truck riding shotgun

I got some new shirts made and a new race suit

And bought a new tow car

Jumped on the plane

Unloading the car I found out the bad part of riding shot gun on the truck, broken back window from hitting a bird, so off to find a bit of Perspex to fill the whole.

Suited up

Did some skids on the first day for practice

Then that night we had the chance to do some runs down the drag strip
    Ended up with a 13.006 @195kmh and lots of wheelspin

Then, day 2 rolled around, qualifying straight up pulled out a good lap and qualified 1st
    Then straight in to the extreme entry comp, which I won.

Then on to battles which was good, ended up coming 3rd

It wasn’t all smooth sailing though, in my top 16 battle the guy spun in front of me and left me with nowhere to go, so prep starts now for the next event

Quite a few more upgrades to come in the next 2 months prior to adgp so stay tuned for updates.

Thanks
    Jarrad
    Last edited by SR_wagon; 10th July 2014 at 03:05 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast