Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Just Another Poo Brown 4AGTE KE70

Hey guys/girls,

Have been watching over 86DC for a while now and thought I'd pop up what I've done/got so far on my KE70 and a few plans for the future. Plus i thought it would also be a good way to get some good advice & idea's from everyone else on here.

So plans for the rolla are:

1. 4agze converted over to a 4agte, would be happy with 230+rwhp
    2. W58 gearbox
    3. Hilux diff assembly with disc brake for hydro h-brake
    4. Coil overs, 86 p/s arms, adjustable/upgraded rear arms, big front brake upgrade
    5. Roll cage
    6. Keep it some what of a grandma looking car to keep away from cop attention plus it has to be my daily

So I bought the car about a year ago and have just slowly started gathering bits and piece's and making decisions on what i'm going to do/ run and so forth. Here is a few photo's of when i first got it and and a few photo's of what i have gathered so far.

This is it the first drive home from the Gold Coast

A few months later i had lowered it (cut springs), thrown some roof racks on, some weather shields and a tow bar to tow my jetski

So i got my hands on a Ae82 that had a 4agze smallport MAP sensor motor in it with a genuine 115,000kms. So i pulled it out to get ready for some more mods

I then stripped it down and gave it an oven cleaner hit and it came up a treat.

I then gave it a good hit with black engine heat proof paint and welded a return bung for the oil feed while i had the sump off and also prepared the surface of the block

I had the head sent away to be pressure/cracked tested and it all came up good as gold. I then thought while I've got it off i might as well get the machine shop to give it a port and polish to gain those few killawasps. I put it all back together with ARP head studs, Cometic head gasket, full seal kit, water pump, timing belt & tensioner, rear main seal and so forth.

I then brang the engine home and started to collect other items.

So after a while my pile of bits has grown but still need a lot more before i even think of installing anything yet. So far i have: Hilux housing with Ke mounts, W58 gearbox with adapter bell housing, NPC H/D clutch to suite, Ae71 cross-member, Ae71 pedal box, new engine/g-box mounts, blacktop ITB's, K&N 3" filter, GTX2867R turbo with 12psi actuator, 3" S/S mandrel bends for the exhaust and intercooler piping, 3" S/S hotdog & 3" VAREX muffler, also have some smaller S/S bends as i'm running a split dump and a S/S flexi-joint, eBoost 2 boost controller, TurboSmart FPR, RCA's and still waiting on my 6Boost exhuast manifold to turn up.

So that's all so far but have a long way to go before i get installing parts. My plan it to have it all finished up before the end of the year, fingers crossed.

Hope to keep you all updated when i start getting more parts and fitting them up.

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Looks pretty sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cheers joeschmo_57, going to pick up my 6boost manifold tomorrow so will post a few pics of it then. Just got myself a set of front ae86 hubs that i can now clean up, paint, new bearings/grease and get ready for big brakes and coil overs

Name
    Damo
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

hey mate - nice progress so far engine looks mint. Can I enquire about your "lowering" - how many coils did you take out, cos it looks like its sitting just right
    Damo
    Perth, WA

'83 GA61 Toyota Supra XX [TRD83]
    '83 KE70 Toyota Corolla

'98 SVX21R Toyota Camry

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for not putting a photo of the manifold yet, its in the process of being welded! I should finally have it either tomorrow or wednesday after an 8 month wait! Yewwww. WA_TRD_83 im not 100% sure how many coils i cut out, i just slowly took them out until i was happy with it. Id like to take a little bit more off the front but dont think ill bother. Im puting it on the hoist this saturday so i could take a few photo's of each coil and send them to you, which will give some sort of indication on how many have been cut off. I did them all while still in the car, just have to becareful with the front and half handy with a 4" grinder.

Name
    Ali
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Deadly!

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys, my 6boost manifold finally arrived today! Super happy with the quality and how well everything fits up. Here is a photo with it bolted up to the motor and the turbo bolted down as well.

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys/girls,

Also I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be asking this but would anyone have the standard rear control arm lengths from centre of the bolt holes on an upper & lower arm? Only reason i ask this is I've put after market T3 style (not T3 arms) in my corolla and they have flogged out already so I'm going to make my own out of chromoly tubing. If anyone has these lengths or even arms i could borrow/have (if your going to bin yours) so i can take the dimensions from them.

Cheers
    Fletcher

Name
    Martin
    State
    Berlin
    Country
    Germany

Hello I have now the same project.
    Can everybody help me?
    I ditch this manifold.

Name
    Ali
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate,

By flogged out do you mean the rose joints are fubar? Or are the arms bent? maybe a combination of the two?
    How long they been installed for?

have no idea what your on about, maybe post what ever your question is in Tech section
    Last edited by Futo_gt86; 2nd March 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast