I have a previous thread, but since I can't change the title.. Here's my ae71 as it sits right this instant, in the driveway because the alternator doesn't work

It has been off the road for 6 months, as it blew a headgasket right after roadworthy. Fortunately I already had a 4age smallport that I was rebuilding, a weber downdraft 30/32 carby, and other related gear. More on that in a bit, heres a video of it running right after I timed it and ran it for more then a few seconds for the first time.

It's been a fun project and will no doubt continue to be one. It will be my new daily though so no major changes from how it sits atm.

Shit I've done:
Post hg splosion, it's had a complete rebuild of the 4age and related work to get it into the car. Going from memory I had to get the usual rebuild parts, pull a dizzy from a 3k (is a points type), get it machined up (gear transferred etc, done by a very nice fellow from here). Got a 4agze intake manifold and bolted the adapter plate onto that. (used 2 studs, don't ask is dodgy), head rebuilt and bores honed, and extractors & clutch line that was 30mm longer with a banjo fitting + pbr clutch slave from a ae82, in order to clear the exhaust. All in all it was actually a very simple bolt in affair, excepting mounting the thermostat. Even re spray-canned the engine bay slightly neater then before.

History from before then:

Came with:
- 4ac 5spd with a weber downdraft, fucked radiator
- cut falcon springs all round
- 3 shocks
- 3 working brakes
- 3 seatbelts, two of which worked
- resprayed exterior 2pac white. ok I guess, rust repairs bad.
- no bumpers
- locked stock borgy
- cut rear arches
- fucked taillights
- fucked everything

What I've done:
- A shit ton of maintenance
- New suspension. MA61 struts and brakes up front (coilover sleeved), falcon sway and cut king superlow springs on the rear (captive), commodore wagon rear shocks, open stock borgy*
- Pajero mc, braided lines
- Hotwires in 14x6
- New tailights, wired up a dodgy reverse light set up with a relay from supercheap
- Re-sealed the boot, did some dodgy-er rust repairs
- Lots and lots of little things like window washer and steering boss

imgur album: