Thread: maccas mx73, soon to be uzx73

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default maccas mx73, soon to be uzx73

picked this up today for 300 bucks, needs paint job and new fuel tank (full of rust). 180,000kms, 2 owners, pretty much complete service history, new auto in 99, pretty tidy inside, power windows and mirrors.

picked this up a few weeks ago cheep as chips

and its fitted with this

so i already have a good, fast, comfortable, very capable 4x4 and the surf would be fair bit of work to get back to roady/ok condition. so the 1uz is going to find its way into the cressida for some driftage.

plans for cressy:
    respray (toying with doing same color up top and going a dark blue two tone?)
    rego
    1uz and r series gearbox thanks to adapter already in surf (maybe even aftermarket ecu, adaptronic?)
    big brakes
    modplate
    coil overs from my rt142
    camber adjustable rear subframe also from my rt142
    weld diff or lsd of sorts

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nice! Just got my jzx73 running this week, awesome daily

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Tell us more about your fast and capable 4x4, im intrigued!

Rt142 subframe wont bolt in as they are narrower then mx73 ive been told

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ahh yes i measured the differences today, wider buy about 40 mm or so, i knew they were wider but i thought the difference was in the lower arms cause some of the pics i seen where they had changed the outer lower arm mount in a mx73 it was a bit further away from the sill than in my rt142, just gonna have to cut the mounts off and weld them on this subframe i suppose.
    done some rust repairs, not sure if this is the "correct" way to do it but seemed the most logical to me haha

photos are of different sides of the boot

also the 4x4 is a 92 80 series factory turbo 1hdt. high flowed turbo from GTurbo (very highly reccomend), intercooler and 3" exhaust at made 195hp at all 4 wheels (constant 4wd) and just shy of 600nm with 24psi boost, dream to tow with, overtaking trucks like nothing towing the cressy home hehe. 3ish inch lift, 33 muddies, front and rear lockers, swing away wheel carrier, photo is from when we went to cape year before last (note ajps sticker hehe)

a few more random pics at

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nice! what sort of economy does it get?

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

cruising normal around 14-14.5L/100, towing around 18 ish, haven't had a good chance to test economy towing much. used to be better before the power tune, and after reading some stuff on the net and talking to a few shops and the bloke i got the turbo through, the tuner who i used isnt the best for economy apparently, he dose more race tuning and full noise stuff that the average idiot like me haha, according to the internet (never lies) with all new stuff like i have (injectors and pump) and a good tune i should get 12-13 ish even with the accessory (lift, tyres, bullbar ect) and still have much the same total output, dosent worry me too much at the moment but might get it re-done somewhere else or have a crack myself if im feeling keen haha

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

20mm each side for subframe.

I'd suggest doing solid raisers too.

Name
    Jorn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey Macca,

Welcome to Cressida club !

$300 is the best price I've ever heard of ! I paid $500 for mine with 155,000km, had it for 5yrs now.
    If you want to cut down on the body roll cheaply, you can add another factory rear sway bar, the mounting bolts
    on the suspension are long enough to fit thru them both.
    Then you simply add 2x 20mm ubolts near the factory clamps to hold the centre in place. Instant 20mm sway bar !

I've had mine for 4yrs now and it's made a huge difference to my cornering fun

How much did you pay for the 1UZ Surf ?
    Last edited by Tetsuo; 20th March 2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Koreisha Racing Team

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

solid raisers like.. the rear subframe-chassis bushes? i have super pros in my rona and they seem pretty good i think so might just go them again once i have her on the road.

yeah going to look at another one today for straight panels but might turn out to be in better condition that this original one.... so yeah i was thinking about double sway bar.

the surf was 1500, so in my eyes thats pretty good for a engine, loom, computer (which i might ditch and run aftermarket yet anyway) and r series gearbox adapter and clutch ect, apparently engine has only been in there for like 2000kms, and i can sell the body off once im done for a few bucks hopefully

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

got some primer on today, some parts are a bit dodgy, gonna have to touch them up, but i just wanted to get some primer on cause it may be a week or so before i get to touch it again.

anyone like to make suggestions for paint schemes/colors? im thinking 2 tone or some sort, trying to use the blue that it was origionaly as one of the colors so i dont feel so guilty for not doing the door jams haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast