Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New billet parabolic velocity stacks now available

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sam with some research you too can have things made in China! You could probably find out who machines the ttt ones and have them make your design for you. Business ethics isnt a concept over there.

Also, this is great engineering at play. I have another idea to do with tpi style itbs and parabolas that might peak your interest too.

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Id rather pay more for locally designed and made
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Everyone agrees with that in principle, but far fewer people put their money where their mouth is when they purchase things these days. Speaking as someone who builds things in Australia from Australian materials for the most part. It depends what 'more' is, and if we are talking about 1.5 to 2 x the price then, from my experience, you can not often compete. Every company with stacks for sale has some spiel about how they are better and a bunch of jargon about optimised flow and airspeed and tapers and whatnot, with no real numbers. Having supporting numbers would be a great thing. The flow bench data is excellent, but I would like to see credibly conducted hp tests as well. Perhaps putting you over the top of the other types out there, no matter what the price.

If you want to cater to people who will pay a premium for their parts then for the most part you are not talking about most youthful rwd 4age owners. You might not be rewarded like you deserve to be for making superior products. Its a philosophical question for most any manufacturing business at this time in the first world.

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Good to see after all the misinformation on the internet (false accusations that they are too short, won't work etc), frak has come through with the goods once again.

I read his initial dyno findings on using imec stacks in the standard airbox (many years ago). It was the only quantitative information I found. So much objective misinformation on the net about flow and performance of products.
    Frak, from all the ae86 / 4ag community, thanks!
    Last edited by Slimer86; 17th April 2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Frak I hope you are secretly working on a book. Uncle fraks 4age bible.
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Chris I have thought about it, If I had the spare time I'd love to put a 16v our engine dyno, stock and then do like a mild tune on it, thinner head gasket, cams etc. I already have a large collection of jdm headers 4-1, 4-2-1 etc. I'd also like to do the same with a 20V, I have spare ST and BT lying around, then document everything, just need the time.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Luckily the 4age market isn't just supported by youthful owners, how many young kids have clubman kit cars?

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Sam, your doing a great job here, really you are.

you seem to have a pretty big brain between those ears, which is a good thing.

but i just wish you could design products without slagging out others to make yours seem better.

I dont know where you get your info from, but T3 parts are NOT made in china, they are all made in-house in the US.

by making outrageously incorrect statements, your just taking away from your talent, and your making yourself look like your a 14 yr old idiot.

keep up the good work, But focus on your work, not making stories about your competition.

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

LittleRedSpirit: yes you're right, I didn't want to take them there and there is no assurance of me getting anything at all let alone a good quality product. Unless I find a company known to do good work?

McLEVIN: I wish more would think the same. Matt is right though, when most people just look at the price and don't know the difference in the design or quality companies like mine loose out. What I need to do is make something cheap enough that not only still looks really good but works well. It's a good thing I am prepared to have low profit margins. I for a long time just went along with my own mind set of making crude look parts that worked well thinking if they would be cheap enough people would all want them. I needed to look further than my own preferences and when I had things outsourced my margins where lower but I was able to sell more and it frees up my time to do more RND like what's here.

dove grey 64: I can say that after performance workshops Clubman owners are usually my favorite customers . They usually know exactly what they want, are prepared to pay for it without haggling and don't send me long e-mails asking me questions. A pity there are not many of them. Also they usually are pretty happy to correct me on the forum which is good, I want to know if I say something incorrect.

sundee: thanks Joel, once again you're right. I found out my info was wrong about where the parts are being machined, I found out they have an in house 5-axis. I hate false info so I edited my post to remove that. Wasn't trying to make myself look better at all and it wasn't something I made up randomly though. It was through my machinist oddly enough that I found out the truth just the other day. What sets me off is rather frustration in differences of mindset and the copied products. This isn't something I worked out of bogus info, it's probably best not to go into the specifics or discuss it here. It is unprofessional and I need to remember that.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast