Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: J's Hachi Hillclimber

Name
    Simon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Check out the calender for Lakeside Raceway. They have practice days every week pencilled in. I'm in the process of trying to get to one of their sprint rounds with my ae86 in the near future.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Taking this out to Leyburn this year?

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks mate, I will get in on that when back for a mid week leg stretch!

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I will be entering yes Just prepping and testing before is the drama! Not enough hours in the day between work and cars...
    Though I expect to be a bit slow for the first year of running and building as I go, just getting used to the dynamic of the car.

Going from RWD V8 Ute street rubber weighing at least double, to the hatchi with Avon's will be a learning experience no doubt!
    My initial feel is from taily wheelspin to twitchy firm wheelspin Driving it, feels like a go kart as its very firm with very direct steering.
    First real foot down and through a corner or two felt like a scalded cat on lino! Drift setup still in it but the cat held it's line ftw.

Been watching a few in-cars of similar spec cars to see basic dynamics, driving style etc...alot to take in.
    As the tires deg on them they look like they develop a bit of ass out under breaks with minimal push through the apex...right foot control out of corner too.
    Go Kart smooth wheel transition looks to be a must, mastering that will be a great challenge.

From what I see (purely speculating at this point through observation), one needs to keep an eye on break bias and any other in car adjustment able to be done during as the tires wear, along with sway bar adjustment to chase tire deg between rounds (rears going off alot quicker than fronts).
    Camber, toe etc, I will do a bit of reading and see if I can pick the AJPS fellas brains as offered. Cheers boys for the offer btw.
    Last edited by jamiesbrain; 19th June 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You doing Noosa Hillclimb coming up shortly? I was thinking about it but may not have the time as yet.

Name
    Simon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

End of July I won't be ready for that, just a spectator this time. I might also go and have a look at Mt Cotton hillclimb 20 July, see how they organise an event.
    Last edited by K1W1 Simo; 19th June 2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

It is pretty laid back for Mt Cotton, everything scrut/cams wise is spot on but the event it's self is normally well done and laid back.
    Good family atmosphere.

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Completely forgot to reply to you here!

You're right, not a lot around for resto. Most of the Mustang guys are retired, looking to blow their super on a toy before they drop off.
    Still wouldn't hurt checking out the Mustang/Ford car clubs. Popular car, plenty around.
    Last edited by Jrad; 25th June 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Simo, did you get to the Mt Cot Hillclimb on the weekend just gone?
    Ended up not being ready due to work and other commitments. No rush though.

Currently looking for someone up here in BNE to take the hachi to that can do a dummy scrutineer to see what needs work so when I stump up to an event I don't get blackballed for a glaring error not seen.
    Might approach the MG Car Club (currently member of) to see if they have anyone willing to do the once over.

Anyone racing, is it worth getting the CAMS scrutineering sticker for the year? How much does it normally cost or do you find it easier to just roll up and see how it goes?
    I've found the Scrut at events inconsistent over the years.

Got pinged at one event with the ute for the fire ext being mounted too far away on the passenger floor (Base of seat), asked the scrut where it should be mounted...he suggested screw it into the side of the dash.
    I then asked him who should the coroner call when the airbag deploys and fires it off around the interior mid accident? He eventually admitted the floor mount was fine.....other events it has not even been commented on.

Name
    Simon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Work commitments... tell me about it. Didn't make it to Mt Cotton, didn't even make it out for a planned mid week mountain run with a mate last week. I will be at Noosa this weekend for the hill climb (spectating). I am interested in joining the car club there and also the Lakeside Raceway club. The next mid week sprints are in Aug, I will pop over to check that out and get more info on the club.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast