Long story, but I will try and keep it short Way back I saw a lot of T3 adapter installs where people had problems with stacks hitting the brake booster, and having to put the TPS at the back to keep it away from the water neck. I also saw that the CNC round to oval transition was pretty crude, and needed porting to smooth it out a bit.

I decided that I wanted something better, and since RS Chita wouldn't sell outside of Japan, I made my own. I went for more length to allow for a smooth taper, and curved the runners up to try and clear the brake booster (forgot about the clutch master). End result did allow the TPS to clear at the front, and having longer runners meant I could get away with shorter stacks.

One of the aims with this particular build was to see if it was possible to fit quads to a 16V without the loss of bottom end that was said to occur. That meant that a longer runner and a smooth transition were basic design features. And in that respect, the build has been a complete success, with the engine pulling strongly from low rpm even with 272 deg cams.

However, as you can see, there is not a lot of room at the back, and the filter mounting plate finished up exactly level with that little nub on the clutch master. Even after I shaved a few mm off the nub I still only have about 1mm clearance. But the filter fits and keeps bugs and leaves out, so I can live with that.

Cheers... axalotyl (jondee86 everywhere else)