Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1986 AE86 Trueno Notch

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nah not gonna strip it. Got a carbon bonnet for cheap so few odds and ends before I build a motor.

diff options:
    OK so current T-Series in my AE86 is a kouki diff which is 6.7 Inch crown, bigger kouki axles and I think has 4.11 diff.
    G-series out of a hilux, dont know size of axles but are chunky, with 8" crown and lots of ratios to choose from.
    F-series diff seems to have same size axles as kouki ae86 just beefier at the splines, with a 7.5" crown wheel.
    Last edited by Tally; 7th August 2014 at 12:35 AM.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR KE25 COROLLA PARTS

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So if your talking G series I guess NA is completely scrapped then?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I just want to dump the clutch at the start line and know bits wont break lol

but yea would like to build a 4agte combo. I have looked into N/A power and its just much $$$$ for so little gain... atm im just trying save a bit of weight see how fast I can go N/A, will be back out at the track in a few weeks...

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

4agte, stock rear springs with slicks, tarago diff, w box

will be good

but still expensive for the times it will pull...
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Highly recommend stock springs in the rear with new Bilstein shocks.
    Does amazing things for traction in a boosted AE86.
    Was running this combo with a standard s series for some time without too many issues (until it was wet).
    Launch, squat, traction, gone. Works well.

Dave is on the money.
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I wouldn't be opting for tarago diff due to track increase. Wouldn't you want something narrower (i.e hilux) to fit wider slicks under the back? Not overly hard to convert to 4 stud again and disk brake.

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Awesome info guys, thanks heaps.

Last night was at WSID and there was an Orange FJ20DET 180B coupe who was getting some decent launches and did a PB of 11.1.

Spoke to him He said that u need to run ur shocks on hard rebound so car doesn't bounce back up and lose traction. but with softish spring rate

Contemplating the F - series axles and fullspool for t-series that Celica RA45 has for sale... but then the weak point is the 6.7" crown and pinion
    Last edited by Tally; 7th August 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

My current car is the first 86 I have owned with an F series, and I have only ever broken 1 T series. That said, I never had big power in the previous cars... I did however drop 4th for the burnout with my old GZE car Stock GZE with T series and full interior, near full tank of fuel and it ran a 14.7

It was my daily, so I was pretty happy with that.

Having said that, my nearly completely stock 300zxTT ran a 13.7 under similar conditions

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cool ^

ok so the hunt for 4agze begins...

From my research it seems best one is late model smallport which has oil squirters, map sensor. Has higher comp pistons compared to the early bigport as im lead to believe but I guess that doesn't matter if u put in aftermarket pistons and rods, and stock ones can take decent psi apparently.

a lot of people are saying 20V blacktop head is best for big power application.
    Last edited by Tally; 7th August 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

There are two different small port GZEs available, I am lead to believe the ae92 is the one to look for rather than the ae101.

I would try killing a standard motor before you bother with a forged one, they are pretty well put together from the factory.

Current Cars:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast