few interesting updates coming soon...
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR KE25 COROLLA PARTS

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey Tally. Car is coming along really well!

What do you think of those hubs mate? Sounds like they went well on the road trip. Ive been getting some good feedback on them so I trust yours are going well.

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ok so lets try this again (wrote this whole update and accidentally refreshed the page )

Thanks Huw ^ ! However I swapped the hubs over to stock ones before my trip down to Adelaide, I had damaged the passenger side while trying to find my knocking issue, not knowing that it was a clapped out bearing and me tightening the hub bolt thinking it was loose (see couple posts back).

Ok so latest update,

Entered my car in the WTAC Show and Shine last Saturday, was an awesome day. Gave me an excuse to wash and polish my car, turned out shmick, received lots of compliments. Was great to meet pen15, shift_rook and Matt

Last night I went down back to Eastern Creek to have another crack at improving my quarter mile times. After work, went home, took passenger and rear bottom seat out and off I went. I put the rear tyre pressure at 24psi compared to last time when I had it at 22psi.

I was keen to test out the traction brackets and see how id go. I managed a consistent 5 runs of 16.1 and 16.2s with 60fts in the 2.1 and 2.2 range.
    For some reason I wasn't reaching the limiter in 4th before the line like I was last time and was costing me mph.
    Take offs were solid, leaving the line at 4, 5 and 6K, found that leaving at around 6K and dropping the clutch drops me into the start of the power band once I get traction which is around 4.5K.

Didn't manage to crack a 15 let alone beat my pb of 15.939, various factors were different, air temp was 10 degrees hotter than last time at 22 degrees dropping only to 17 degrees by end of night, last time was 11 degrees, had new tires so didn't do any burnouts and also had just over half a tank of fuel so had more weight in the car despite taking the seats out (also have taken aircon setup out since last run), and I think my fuel pressure was still too low despite adjusting it, I bumped it up last run and felt stronger.

So whats next, Ive bought a Greddy e-Manage blue, and I think my fuel pump is on its way out as its making some strange buzzing noises since my road trip, any suggestions on a good replacement?

Still looking for some 15x7s in positive offset, im looking at these longchamps but they are 15x7 -1, not really ideal, looking at a 205 tire or maybe go 225 dunno yet.

Still need to get some stock springs for the rear...

Also looking at a wideband setup from

Also getting an Apexi RSM for extra gadgetry lol

Some of you may see me as wasting my time, money and effort with this crap and could be spent better in other areas for more power etc but im a technical guy, that's what I do for work and that's what I enjoy, I may not be as organised and stringent as id like but hey its all fun at the end of the day, im not out to win any comp or gain rep, all just for my own enjoyment
    Last edited by Tally; 23rd October 2014 at 03:27 PM.

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hey at least you're having fun, you could be drifting into tyre stacks at your local track...would make me cry more.
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

so true!
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ok so bought some goodies for this thing as of late, updates soonish

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5