Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: RT142/ST141 1 brake master options?

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

It was designed with S13 stuff but it all bolts on, since Nissan is like that. I have Z32 twin pots with the drum handbrake in the shed that I'm supposed to have bolted onto the silvia years ago. The only mod you need to bolt them on is a new handbrake cable mount, the caliper bolts onto the upright and the disc slips over the wheelbearing (car's 5 stud). You can use R32-34, Z32 sumitomos or Z33/evo 8/9 or STi brembos as well as long as you have the right disc.

YRO 11A, thanks for that. I have RA40 struts but no caliper mounting bracket. I'm working on adapting the silvia brakes to them (and consequently use Z32 stuff) but now I wish I kept the factory caliper mount.

This is all I ever really read about brake masters on nissans: Seems I've seen the 1 1/16" master but never paid attention to it.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

could you n ot have just changed the wheel cylinders in the f series to make them work with the stock mc? I changed mine to ae86 cylinders and pedal is fine.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I wasn't aware that you could? Anyway im going 300zx calipers all round with custom adapter on the rear and ive changed to an RA65 booster to run the 4 bolt MA70 1 inch master.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah it works. I found a great american market brake catalog that gave all the hydraulic sizes across all cars and was able to work out what the hydraulic system needed, and thankfully thats all that was needed for me, but I don't have upgraded calipers on the car. I just looked up the size mc the ra40 has (same as ae) since i have ra strut and then the wheel cylinder bore from the f series, and found it was different to ae86 so on advice from Seth who said they fitted (japlish) i bought some and it all bolted up ala factory.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5