Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I found it in a paddock

Name
    Jock
    State
    NSW
    Country
    australia

the paddock find has registration in nsw...no vacuum advance to the distributer runs like shit....got 2m of new vacuum line...new fuel line and some clamps.
    I failed the blue slip for...no tail lights no park lights and no number plate lights ie. a blown 15 amp fuse. I am however thinking a blacktop better suspension diff gearbox brakes and a bolt in roll cage would suit this car better but I will run the 4ac for a while to give me some time to acquire and prepare parts ....people will tell you its a waste of money...don't listen to them.

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nice what motor you thinking of putting in it?

Name
    Jock
    State
    NSW
    Country
    australia

well I did some research about possible swaps I was even considering putting in a 4 liter quad cam v8 sleeved to under 3.5 liters to pass roadworthy in nsw(always wanted an eleven second street car.) but I think a mildly tuned naturally aspirated blacktop 4age will be fun and streetable, jap spec diff (from jap ae86)with a lsd .hilux gearbox. unfortunately there are shit roads and potholes everywhere around here so I will be tending towards road rally suspension setup as anything too low or firm would not be sreetable around here. you just cant drift a mountain pass if its all pothole repairs and no actual road left. and brakes the stock adm brakes are a bit shit...

Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Good to hear that you got it on the road ..

I cant remember if they have 1 or 2 vacuum lines running to the distributor advance unit, if they have 2 & they are missing then it can effect how it run's, but if it only has the 1 vacuum line to the distributor vacuum & its missing it wont cause it to run like shit, there is something else also at fault ..

If you want a 11 second AE86 you would be better off turboing a 4AGE or turboing a beams motor etc as a sleeved down 1UZ certainly wont get you there ..

Name
    Jock
    State
    NSW
    Country
    australia

it has two lines coming out of the distributor.... /had ....it may also have a vacuum leak ...it runs ok from 2600 to 3500rpm just wont coast or idle well....haven't really looked into it yet had to completely recondition the entire braking system ...new wheel bearings... the 14 year old tyres were a bit old so I got new tyres..and the clutch fluid appears to be a horrible brown colour...ive ad the clutch master cylinder rebuilt...

yeah I kind of figured if I want to own an 11 second street car it wont be a sprinter... I don't like turbo cars...but a 4agze with a custom bullet supercharger would be nice ...and yeah they don't let you run nitrous on the street in nsw ...what's up with that...

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Would you be interested in a donor car that has all the good bits but is uneconomical for me to repair after being in a accident?

Name
    Jock
    State
    NSW
    Country
    australia

I would be but I need more workshop space and I have other projects to do first,...I am actually looking for a good package deal but not for a month or two a least
    that said if the price is right maybe I could find a paddock to store it in...whats in it...and whats damaged? is it in a for sale thread already?

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The car is a Red ADM Sprinter with Whiteline tail lights and centre garnish.The interior is in very good condition and has automatic air conditioning which is nice. The body is in good condition apart from the accident damage which is at the front and requires the chassis rails to be replaced which, in the absence of free panel beating, is too costly to fix. As for the mechanicals it has the requisite 4AGE conversion which was done very well going through the usual T50 box which has the JDM bell housing so the clutch slave cylinder is on the driver's side. The front brakes have the slotted ventilated rotors (not solid like ADM) and at the back is a disc to disc T series diff with a 4.556:1 LSD. Not sure of the of the springs but it sits lower than a stock ADM sprinter. There's no for sale threads as I've been keeping an eye out for a suitable donor car/shell but so far haven't found anything and since I've recently bought another car which makes 3 now, the AE86 could go to a new home as I really only have two car spaces. Cheers.

Name
    Jock
    State
    NSW
    Country
    australia

I'm still interested how much money are you after... and can you pm me some photos of the front end damage(just put them up on this thread if you want.)or pm me a phone number and a good time to call.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

PM sent.

It's a sorry sight:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XSI-886_0.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	355.5 KB