Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GT86 2015 Facelift edition

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Konakid I read quite a few UK mags and overall, once they have had the car for a while(long termer) they generally aren't real impressed.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hmmm interesting Frak. I think they kept it 2.0 to qualify for racing category purposes? I agree though a turbo model would be good or even a 2.5 with an extra 30nm, 20kw odd would have made a lot of difference and put it more on par with current ~200kw turbo hot hatches. I think a lot of the people buying these cars are satisfied with the power they offer, it would be a minority who want more performance but i guess those customers will shop elsewhere for a faster vehicle and have to dig a lot deeper into the pockets.

Its like toyota have ventured back into the affordable rwd sportscar arena with just a toe in the water(to keep costs down) and now that the demand has gone crazy they will develop faster models as they now they have a market for these types of cars.

Personally i'd like them to make a new supra! sort of a ssuccessor to the 2000gt, bit more wheel base and width than the 86 with a cammed aurion 3.5 V6, challenge the 350z, porsche cayman etc starting price around the 60k mark.
    Last edited by Konakid; 24th July 2014 at 04:23 PM.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I've owned my 86 for about 2 years, 30,000kms. Not impressed by it at all. Stock it out handles everything else that's brand new for the price, but it's just too heavy. I don't want more power I want less weight.

Price rise on the 2015 model us stupid also. No one is buying them new anymore. Why put the price up....

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I've driven one for a bit, and it has enough power to give the car a bit of a squirt to do that lane change etc. By all means it isn't a slug, but a stock smallport in an ae92 is quicker in a straight line.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

It is light for a new car, and engine (from the low COG point of view) i can understand

it has its place

i think they are rewarding to drive

toyota designed it to be modded (not so much the engine 4 cams, tight fit etc)

as henry said they could release another one with a slightly warmed aurion 3.5 or whatever meets emissions these days and be on a winner
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I've been driving rachels for over 12 months, have more than enough fun driving it, power is good, would only want like exhaust and intake done to it tbh, can feel how restrictive the standard stuff is. Im still impressed by it when I drive it. Standard it is literally a 16v Ae86.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Rachel told me you aren't allowed to drive her car tho... Ever since u forgot to put the toilet lid down...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I leave for work after her and get home before her hehehehehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2