Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why not here's my drifter

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Iv actually converted my sakura to rwd and put the yokomo on a shelf as the sakura drives a lot better with less work

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I'm totally eying off this HPI TC-FD on ebay. It's gonna cost a decent amount to fix up the TF-2 to where I want it so buying a current chassis with cool options seems like a good idea. And I can buy spares for the TC-FD. Dunno how well it does a drift chassis though.

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

If it's any more then 150 posted just go for a 3 racing sakura d3 they should be 110 on eBay plus shipping as the dead stock version

Or have a look on Rc mart for a ota r31 from speed power and option out the rear spool and the front swaybar

And if you need ball ends and cups then grab them off another car if you wanna be cheap

Actually the base speed power kit is 80ish on eBay but that's rcmart under a slightly differant name if memory serves right

Definatly stay away from the r2 hobbies teh r31 the plastic is very very flimsy and youl end up replacing more then just the diffs and 2 pulleys in the long run

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

But r2 actually do a copy of the yokomo drift package and if you have a look at all the optional stuff that you can put on a drift package the drift package is a really good way to go aswell

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

I only bought the speed power because I wanted a base mid front motor to play with and slowly upgrade as my sakura d3 is about as upgraded as you can get

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Sakura is tempting, but it doesn't come with enough purple (aluminium) parts on it. Means I gotta choose stuff to buy. and I hate doing that.
    I went back to the first page and looked at yours. I want something like yours.
    Just looked at ebay. There's a D3 OP for 220 which is decked out with Al arms and all. Still doesn't have a front one way in it. : / Not a fan of the colour too much either.
    I been a HPI guy since I got the Pro3 so I think I'll stick with them. At 275 + shipping, I can just about justify it. Will see how I'm doing at the end of my pay period. Wait 'til tax maybe.
    I appreciate the advice but I'm super picky on some things.

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

The pink grows on you haha and the one way is $20 for the full op version which is a very good copy it's mainly the 3 racing's seconds(colour is darker)

I only have alloy arms in the front because I have removed the c hubs for more lock

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Also those full alloy ones

Usually they do come with a one way unit and the other tho a you would change would be going to 3 racing front uprights and the 3 racing's steering and the uwa cvd's atleast and maybe adding a tensioner in there for the center belt

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406902098.277417.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	32772

So I went to woodford Rc centre tonight to have a look with a mate

Great track once you have your car dialed in to suite the resin surface (I used mst csr red dots on the front and mst red dot ga26 on the rear

Rear shocks fully upright front shocks were just a hole
    Or 2 in and camber and caster set to give best contact patch

Gave me enough traction to be able to flick it in and have a nice scale speed going was heaps of fun plus Iv pretty much finished my overdose jzx100 shell for the moment just needs mirrors and minor detail work and il be happy with it

Name
    michael
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

I definatly can't go back to a hpi now atleast not for a drifter maybe an off-roader yeah but definatly not a drifter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast