Thread: RA60 celica straight track car build :D

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

Cool RA60 celica straight track car build :D

Hey guys, new here, a bit about me: I'm 19 years old and an apprentice mechanic, I have 5 cars not for long though haha, I'm in the process of building up my 1982 model RA60 RWD toyota celica or more affectionately named: NISOTA SILICA or toyota/nissan silvia/celica for the simple reason most toyota parts are so expensive and aren't as great as nissan.... well some say....

mods as follows have been done:
    - cut rust out and bogged the %$#@ out of the holes (LOL)
    - interior all taken out (all for sale except rooflining incl sunroof and controls, power window control unit on drivers side and dash rest is up for grabs cheap as)
    - Hydraulic handbrake with braided brake lines which I'm doing this sarvo

- have now got some custom shizzz! (can't you tell the whole car isn't going to be? ) as follows:
    - LS1 solid engine mounts
    - SR/CA custom fabbed engine adaptors to bolt onto stock 21RC crossmember
    - custom SR/CA fabbed up gearbox crossmember and mounts off SR/CA

stuff that's going to be done yo!
    - SR/CA turbro motor will be going in depending what pulls my fancy but I have a whole set up CA18DET with box and loom and nizztune ecu ready for me when I have the money next
    - custom tubed cage which my mate at EZZY fabrications is making for me
    - 30L alluminium fuel cell with braided lines to fit up for just RON98 premium sniff
    - hilux live rear diff shimmed sometime in the future and mig weld the sucker!!!
    - bride lowmaxx bucket seats on fabbed solid rails
    - haltech digital display
    - OMP deep dish steering wheel
    - making a custom rear lip
    - new windscreen (lul)
    -S13 Silvia front control arms with brake upgrade and 5 stud conversion (all custom made) and unknown coilovers as yet but I'll make up my mind

that's about it at this present stage but depending on how she performs I may have to alter shizzzz, shall be a tonne of fun, on that note anyone want a cheap as f$#% 21RC and auto box??? lul

will keep you guys updated as it progresses along will be a lot of blood, sweat, tears and swearing involved in the coming weeks and a very pissed off missus (ain't care lol)

will post photos when I take them and find the ones of it when I bought it (best $250 I spent FTW!)

any help/advice/cheap parts would help me so very much as I make less than a checkout chick hahah

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Moved to member rides. Will be a fun car when done man!

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

Default RE

Thanks man, should be great fun, just replaced the left hand side indicator/Parker unit as it was shattered and bogged up some holes lol

heres a picture of when it first set foot on home turf lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	969 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	32576  

Name
    Seth
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

get a AJPS lock spacer and forget about hilux lsd's they are crap, just weld it.
    and after the ca blows up put a 1uz in it :p

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

hahah man, the CA fell through plus I couldn't find a box for it within $800 so I'm manning up and RBing the cunt lolololol RB30ET with 20DET box here I come, whats wrong with the hilux diffs man? reckon just weld the fucker?

Name
    Seth
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i spent $600 getting a lsd shimmed etc and it was fine in a straight line.....but crap everywhere else lol.

if you REALLY want a lsd get a centre from a jzx81/jzx90 chaser either the stock torsen (gears) lsd or aftermarket one. has to be g series.

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

I've shimmed diffs before man but eh, I'll weld it for time being see how I perform/car does too and go from there, regular updates will be posted for eye candy (not much atm)

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

Cheers for the jpas tip as well man, looked there and I want like a lot of it but for time being I'll just see how it goes when it's manual with a 30 turbo haha

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

Updat! 27/07/14 changed mind on engine combo and buying a RB20DET Nissan skyline motor as cheap as fwark with manual box, RB25 turbo and manifold with 38mm external gate, FMIC and ecu package and will be slowly coming together will post pics as soon as I get the engine

Name
    Benjamin
    State
    new south wales
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for lack of posting!
    Update 24/0814
    picked up a CA18DE complete engine minus exhaust mani and intake piping for 100 coin next things to buy are: stainless cheap high mount manifold with flange for a T28 S15 turbo and external gate, gearbox and manual ecu, may go with a APC engineering power fc and hand controller I think they are with loom, Z32 afm and tune, probs some 500cc injectors on hks copy rail, I have no idea on the actual condition of the engine other than it was running and I saw it do a mad single pegger before my mate pulled it out of his sil, after motor and box and all are in I'll get if dynod and tuned, then comes the interior and brake and suspension mods on it!!! I know much needed, car is far from finished but it's getting there, still have to this day not spent a cent over $400 on it hoping to get a mild 220-250 rwhp output, then when it's driving and has some better handling I'll test it out and get a feel and then work out what other mods I want to do going to be tonnes of fun! Will keep everyone updated along the way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast