Thread: New to the FORUM! CHECK OUT!

Name
    Trey
    State
    Washington
    Country
    United State

Default New to the FORUM! CHECK OUT!

Hey everyone since I first watched Initial D an AE86 is has been a dream to own. Im in school and work part time so money doesn't come easy at all but I don't want anything to hold me back from buying and building my Corolla IM VERY DETERMIND! With that said I need to keep as cheap as possible with still good quality mods and car for starter! Im not looking to build a "drift car" but as more just a clean multipurpose daily driver. For track days a reliable car to take me where I need to get have fun on the track getting sideways etc.

I please let know what I need to look out for as a decent price and condition! Thanks a ton for looking and please comment!!

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

A stock Jdm is awesome for a daily. Consider importing one. I'd consider Powersteer and AC as necessities for daily duties. You'll need to set aside a good 10k+ though but it'll be turn-key ready to go (4age, t series and most have suspension mods) Minimal rust is obviously another major consideration.

If more into the "build" side of it, the most important thing is a shell with non structural rust. Then you can go about modifying it as you see fit. By the time you have it completed, you would have spent 10k+ as well but it'll be more gradual.

Eddie.
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    steve
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

If you want to keep things cheap, I would advise against importing. While you have more to choose from in Japan, the cost of importing and complying the car will mean you won't have much change from $16k. Sure, you can get cheaper examples in Japan, but most of those savings will be eaten up by making the car road worthy for registration.

Good luck with your hunting!

Name
    Trey
    State
    Washington
    Country
    United State

Sorry I didn't mentions this earlier Im from the US so importing is not for me and the only Ae86s here are the truenos. The 2 cars Ive been considering is the Ae86 and an s13 240sx being in the US good cars are very limited. It was between those to cars so I came here to learn more. I need whats cheapest and most reliable but getting one of those Im tied between the two just because of expense and reliability and cost upgrading.

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheap, reliable, fast.

You can only ever choose 2 of these. Take your pick and run with it.
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wise words and applies to almost everything

I would have thought the S13 would have been the better for you to buy as aftermarket etc, parts wise there is more out there.
    The 86 gear is becoming rarer to find, if you do find it (if not sourced from a forum like this) is normally pricey as hell.

Name
    Trey
    State
    Washington
    Country
    United State

Yeah Ive heard all about the 3 choice and have been preached it. I not looking for something fast Im look for very reliable car i can build over time when i have money and time to do so. I realize with that being said there are other cars i can go with but i really like the corolla so Im just trying to find out if its the best car for what i want.

Name
    Corey
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Keep stalking club4ag... It seems the USDM Ae86's are still quite cheap in the US compared to ae86's in most parts of the world, Just keep hunting for a clean GTS, and you will have everything you need. I believe the notch backs are going cheaper then the hatches due to takumi tax... But notch backs are better!