Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Huws 4agte ae86

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Got alot of time off at the moment, mine is shut because the pit is full of water from the QLD floods/rain.

What else have i got to do but try and get something happening on this.

A while a go i managed to win an auction on yahoo for a single HTS102f cartridge that i desperately needed as i was using a temporary TRD blue in the front. I set about removing the strut so i could do the swap:

I was lucky, the shock looks brand new, i dont even think it has been fitted to a car before!

While i had the strut out, i knew it was a good opportunity to get that piece of sexual goodness Formula link kit in the car. Was very easy to do and including the new swaybar installation (23mm Cusco item) , only took about 45 mins:

Its so very very pretty!

Ever since ive had the car, its not had a working handbrake, i put this down the the genius who cut the front cable before i got the car. So i jumped on toyodiy.com and sourced a new front cable, and some new retainers to hold the rear cables to the body:

Unfortunately i have left the other cables at my other house, ill have to collect them during the week.

In an effort to continue with the OEM products, i purchased two complete cam belt kits. One for this car and one for my daily AE93 seca. After replacing the belt, pulley, tensioner spring and bolt on the Seca, i set about doing the same on this engine. Although it is a 'new' engine, it only had a generic belt on it, and i wasnt happy with that or the fact the pulley wasnt new.

I am in the process of painting the cam gears because they look a bit old a crusty. I have smarted them up with a paint scheme that seems to be the way to go these days.......pics to come soon!

Tomorrow ill spend a good deal more time and have something else to show i guess.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Not much of an update, im in QLD at the moment, at work. Whilst i was home, I got a few deliveries. Well actually my partner goes to the post office for me ALL THE TIME to collect Jesse Streeter parcels:

Some goodies inside, some for me, and some for the storage shed:

I did get a second recliner seat to match my drivers, it needs a wash tho:

And some little service parts i needed to finish the cooling system.......and something to filter the oil too:

Waiting for another parcel that will have my sideskirts (OEM) in there and whatever else i decide to buy inbetween

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Mines paying well then! Its actaully getting some love!
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Just a quick one, secured myself a workshop of sorts for cheaps up in my area. Car is on a trailer tomorrow to be moved there. Im happy that its only 800m or so from my house.

Refitted struts and wheels to move. I am quite surprised as to the lack of poke with my custom hubs on there. Essentially the front specs are now 15 x 8 -14, I think the Cusco LCA is slightly shorter when not extended.

While I had the car in the carport I tackled something that has been bugging me for ages, the body loom that runs around the front of the car was going behind the rad support, thus putting it inbetween the radiator and the rad support. I could never get the radiator to sit hard against the support. So i unplugged the harness from the passneger footwell and fed it through so I could re position it on the FRONT of the rad support.

To do this I had to remove all the lights and brackets:

Once that was all done, I moked up all the various cooling components that will fill the front end:

And just a mock up of how it will look, bonnet needs painting and so does front bar (and a lip):

For several years I was sure that a Kouki bar and lip was the way to go, but I have done a 180 and im liking the Zenki bar and a OEM Zenki lip will complete what im after.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Oh yeah, I wanted to have some form of working brakes, so I jacked the rear up in order to hook up my new OEM handbrake cables. I have now concluded that I definitely DO NOT have AE86 rear calipers, NFI what they are, but they certainly dont look like other pictures on the web and the cables 100% wont work.........weird.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

But they bolt up? Sounds interesting :s could be the ever so elusive disk t series from one of the uber rare celicas?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Take pics huw. Could be corona.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Brake pics as requested. The lever for the handbrake is different from AE86, also when the cables are fitted, they point out the back of the car, so the mount is at least 90 degrees out.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nothing exciting.......Moving into new shed.

Last edited by slide86; 1st August 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Oh Huws home from work for a week, its time to update with more useless shit he has purchased:

HKS cam gears:

Brand new OEM Zenki lip. I bought a bumper that is in MUCH MUCH better condition than mine, and it came with indicator housings which I also needed:

Also got some sideskirts which I thought would be OEM, but they arent made of the same plastic material, I think they are copies......BOOOOOOO:

Got this modified sump to increase the oil capacity a bit. Has surge flaps in it, a turbo drain and oil temp fitting in it. Just needs a clean up:

Lastly, a seat rail for that Bride recliner that I unpacked last time I was home:

I have a SQ Engineering COP plate coming, going to run this setup instead of the poo Bosch coils and leads I was going to use. will be MUCH neater and less of a headache.
    Last edited by slide86; 13th June 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast