Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

sits really nicely

also good move with your rear shocks
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Car is out at the moment having cooler and exhaust done. Pretty much the only thing I can't do myself (at the moment).

Had some pretty specific ideas I wanted for this setup, Im sure I am very annoying to the guy doing my fab work. I am very happy with the results as far. Cooler and oil cooler have been mounted. Oil cooler has rubber mounts to help with vibrations.

The tanks have been modified and short radius 90s welded on. They come through the front panel just above the chassis rails. It's all very neat. Currently having a 2" to 2.5" rolled and the hot side piping will be done. Hope to have more pics in a few days.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Was down at the workshop last week doing a cam install on an LS1 for the shop owner. This gave him some free time to work on my car. Cooler pipes and intake is all done now.

Ages ago I had removed the battery tray, reasons unknown. I think because I am an idiot. Anyways it would have been the perfect mount for the airbox. So back on it goes, but we made it removable, if I ever need to access the pipe work underneath. Nutserts are great things.

Trial fitted a VN airbox, it fits PERFECTLY. Like absolutely perfect for this application.

Then old mate worked his magic with the tig and made a pipe that reduced down in diameter and plumbed it all up.

And some fancy collage the fabricator did

Going to pick the car up when I get home again, exhaust will be all finished. Can't wait for that.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Exhaust is almost finished. Picking the car up tomorrow. Have been sent a few pictures.

Have a 3 inch V band off the dump so I can drop the exhaust and switch out the side pipe easily.

The more I look at the underside of my car, the more I want to coat it in stone chip or similar. Hate how rough it looks.

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Looking great mate! Same location for your oil filter as I have. Much easier to get to it. One thing I overlooked was heat management around the oil filter outlet on the block and some additional shielding between the manifold and water lines.
    I used some permatex? Aluminum sandwich heat shield (as the acl was no longer available) and it does a great job of keeping the temps down. Also shielded my dump on top and adjacent to the starter motor.
    Great work mate!
    Also, pm sent
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16