Thread: Huws 4agte ae86

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

sick
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Did you ever find out what the rear calipers are? I have a funny feeling they could be Nissan Bluebird by the look of them.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nah no idea. Just getting some JDM ones off Yahoo to run with the S13 discs. Not even going to bother trying to make those ones work.

You could be right tho, I used to have a Bluey that I converted to disc rear end and they do look similar. Would be very interesting if the two are interchangeable.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Finally got back home and was able to spend some time down the shed. Started fitting some of the stuff I have accumulated. I got these 16v rocker covers off ebay, I needed them because i am going to install a SQ coil on plug setup and you cant use the supercharged rocker covers. Corolla shed life:

OEM cam belt, HKS gears, rocker covers and COP plate installed:

Next up I got the TRD thermostat in there and fitted the RWD neck onto the thermostat housing:

I thought id tackle the rear brakes, AJPS s13 upgrade. This stuff has never been apart before so I thought it would bring fun times:

After removing that ol busted shit, and some serious bashing and swearing I finally got this bastard out:

Rinse and repeat for the other side. Now.......it was about this time I thought "Hmmm I have no idea what diff centre is in this thing," plus I really wanted to know what ratio is in it. Considering the axles are out, its only a few more nuts and bolts and the centre will fall out. So i ripped the centre out and boy was I happy I did!!!!!!!

TRD 2 WAY and 4.3 ratio Yeeeeeooooowwwww:

Now Im left with this till I get new bearings on the axles:

Last edited by slide86; 29th November 2013 at 06:36 PM.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Spent 10 hours in the shed while I had some time off work, and got almost nothing achieved. The more I looked at things the more compounding jobs I found. Have come to the realisation that with my current work roster, this will be 6 months away from being driven. But anyways..........

Went to see an IPRA champion of the world and autosport and picked up this stuff, have no idea what any of it is but apparently it will get fuel from one end of the car to the other:

Got one of those new tanks from the states, gave it a clean up and a few coats of paint:

I purchased a new OEM efi pump bracket to sit the pump in. I was surprised that these were available and not really that expensive. I have modified this one by cutting the original threaded fitting off the fuel feed line and fitting a 5/16 to -6 fitting so I can fit the fuel line onto it. The pump also fits almost perfectly too, with only minor adjustment to the lower bracket to get the pump inlet to sit in there. I think it works well:

Something thats always bugged me is the rear end and how the springs are compressed just to get the shocks on the diff. I also noticed that the ride high was about an inch higher than i wanted. So with that in mind, you know what comes next:

I have removed 1 coil off these. The difference in the heights is almost exactly 20mm. The springs are still captive in the car, but there is not as much preload on them now when the shocks are fitted up. Have yet to put it on the ground to see the ride height.
    While I was in the rear, I started to put some stuff back together. The diff centre, axles, brake caliper brackets and braided lines were all fitted up. Just need the correct calipers and discs and we are set.

Diff was refitted with new OEM gaskets care of this cheap kit:

Braided line set sourced from AJPS.

Brakes will be finished when I get home and so will the fuel setup.
    Last edited by slide86; 10th February 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quality shit, nice work

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Where did you get the tank and fuel pump bracket from?

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

The intank bracket is an OEM item I got from Amayama.com. Part number is 23206-16030.

The tank I got from amazon.com. There is a thread somewhere on here that discusses them and has more pictures. Just make sure you get a T01B, thats the JDM tank. A T01A is like an ADM tank.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nothing new. Gave rear calipers a quick look with some new seals and dust boots.

Also fitted this gear up, hopefully the clutch works as it should now. Once again supplied at an amazing price. Literally saved me over $100.......

Also fitted the S13 booster and master, was a bit tight but will do a good job. Need to source another RHF brake line and make a new one to join master to rear brake line. No pics at the minute.
    Last edited by slide86; 20th March 2015 at 11:42 PM.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

top notch man. this should be the most reliable 86 once your done with it
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast