Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wheel sizing/offset discussion (not flush/fitment)

Name
    Giannino
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Default Wheel sizing/offset discussion (not flush/fitment)

When I first got my hachi, I had aboslutely no idea what kind of new rims I'd need. Asked a guy at a local tyrepower and his wheel sizing chart and it turned up (from him) to be my nice 15 inch rim X 6.5 +40. Now +40 you must be thinking im smoking something to put +40's on a hachi, but honestly at the time, going off his book and him inspecting my car and its current rims I had no reason to doubt.

Now my new 550 dollar a rim set of 5 watanabes (yes I got the spare too...) arrived and BAM instant problem. Already needed a spacer for the rears to fit but even after removing the front stock suspension and putting vastly more space efficient D2 coils on it, front have zero chance of fitting. Ive seen the wheels thread and its basically full of fitment and negative offset stuff. No help there from what I saw.

So does anyone have good sizing estimates for a 15x7 rim WITHOUT ROLLING THE GUARDS OUT OR SCRUBBING. Ive been looking really hard and I've found so far people suggest 15x7+20 offset for good inner clearance of the suspension and ample enough clearance to the guard without scrubbing in turns. Good Idea?

Also I guess looking to sell a set of Brand Freaking Spanking new Watanabe 15x6.5+40 Rims lol... So if anyone happens to have a Miata, or some FWD car that could use a set of new watanabes here I'm ur man XD

Edit: Though people telling me also that just 15x7 zero offset will still be inside the stock fenders with a reasonable degree. I thinking +10 maybe for practicality's sake and give some much needed high speed pothole suspension travel (roads here a shithouse).
    Last edited by Giannino; 24th October 2014 at 10:13 PM.
    This car ate my wallet, found my next one and ate that as well. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

15x7 +15 for zero guard work. I have a set in 16s and they still clear everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    bazz
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

15x7 zero are within standard guards even without camber. Look up tsuchiya ae86 on google images. he runs 15x7 -2 from memory

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

15 7 zero is good size. Run 195/50/15
    Last edited by Konakid; 25th October 2014 at 10:45 AM.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Giannino
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the reply people I might just go a bit on the conservative side and get +15s as suggested prior. Local supplier suggested it as well.
    This car ate my wallet, found my next one and ate that as well. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

get zero's trust me
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

15x7 +15 will be well within the guards, closer to 0 offset looks a lot better and a little extra track always helps as well. Even 15x8 0 offset fits fine in standard guards with a small roll.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Consider that MA61 wheels are 14 x 7 +8 and are a fairly good fit, still sitting comfortably in the guards, I would be looking at anything between a 15 x 7 +/- 0 as mentioned before and up to +8. +15 or higher is likely going to start looking poxy in a 7" rim.

15 x 8 +/-0's, some people say 'they will fit with minimal effort', but minimal effort means different things to different people. For your situation, again between a 15 x 7 +8 and a 15 x 7 +/- 0.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

7" Zero with a 185/60 and dead stock arch lips will still touch on full compression in the rear, front with about 1.75 neg camber is fine.
    I've got 14x7 + 7 with a 5mm slip on. 185/60/14.
    I'd personally say get zero and see how you go with suspension, if it touches a little you would only need to roll your inner lips a fraction, like 30 degrees and you'd be fine. You wont get looks from the cops or win stance awards but the extra track is worth it

Name
    gert-jan
    State
    Shibuya
    Country
    Belgium

My winter wheels are 15x7 et3 with 195/55/15. On the front the inner lips are rolled flat but even unrolled they would still fit with rubbing.

Summer wheels are 15x8 et0 195/50/15 with a bit of camber and those barely rub. And i've been driving both setups on absolute shitty roads. But then again it's lowered but not slammed that might explain why it doesn't rub much.

And the tyreguy seriously dun goofed, even the original wheels didn't have an offset that high. That's an expensive mistake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast