Thread: help with my new 4agte ke70 project!! photo included

Name
    jamon
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Default help with my new 4agte ke70 project!! photo included

hi everyone, this is my first post and i am new to this scene. this is my first car so i am a bit unsure what i should do.
    i have recently bought a ke70 (regod) which came with a 4agze smallport out of an ae101, which was then converted into a 4age turbo, running a t25. the guy i bought it off just rebuilt the engine. so he sold it to me with it out of the car (he had receipts for rebuild) everything is ready to go i just need to put engine and gear box back into the car.
    so hears my problem, i want to convert it to a flat front because its a slant and i am not a fan of it. i also want to build a nice clean car with fresh paint, quad lights, chrome bumpers ect and with the 4agte to top it off. but ive came across two cars that caught my eye for parts both around the ($1200 mark) and that il use for the flat front conversion, so heres my two options Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamons ke70.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	34453 (photo of what the car is at the moment )

option 1: keep my existing car i own now (bad paint with a little bit of rust) with everything set up for the engine to be put back into the car, which includes the right cross member, mounts, clutch ect that the 4k doesnt have, surge tank mounted and all fuel system ready, all the wiring is set up to be plugged back into the engine once its in, coilovers, upgraded brakes and braided lines. and lots more stuff. so then keep it and drop the 4agte in, then buy another ke70 that has different coloured panels for the flat front conversion but they are straight with no dents. then use heaps of interior parts and the auto diff which has a better ratio it also comes with chrome bumpers and cool mirrors. and decent ssr speed star rims. and make it nice just different coloured panels. then get the whole car sprayed

option 2: buy a clean regod ke70 with a 4k with good recent spray, quad lights, chrome bumpers, good rims and then convert everything from my car i have now onto this clean one. which i know would be heaps of work but then i dont need the respray.
    what is everyones thoughts on what i should do? i want to know what would be a waste of time and what might turn into a big waste of money. your input would be hugely appreciated. thanks

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The hard part will be finding a clean, straight quad light ke70 freshly resprayed with a 4k in it, that doesn't come along very often and it could be any colour you could imagine if it ever does come up

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Oh and corollas are always a big waste of money

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

As ben said its hard to find one that is clean / painted. I'd recommend hitting up a panel beater and fixing some of the rust.

Finding a 4k ke70 that is in good condition will still set you back up to 2-3k.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    jamon
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

just went and had a look at a clean ke70 with a recent spray (white) was quite nice except abit of rust on the bottom near the rear guards, was not that bad tho. it had quad lights, some sweet rotas, recaro bucket seat, drift steering wheel, chrome bumper only on the front, pretty much all the interior was stripped out but it was all there to be put back in. overall it was a nice car with minimal rust. he only wants $1500 which i think is a good price. its a 4k manual so will be quite a build to convert all the 4agte running gears accross. whats everyones opinions?