Thread: 0036's AE86 Levin Resurection Build

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Not a bad pickup for $2k in my opinion.

I quite like the old school SAAS seat too, suits the age of the car for sure

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well my soda blasting guy lost mine so got a new one. Contact Corolla spares as he is cutting an old blue one up you might be able to get that from it

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

TA22 Celica will bolt in, but it's substantially narrower. RA40 the mounts are a little off but it can work and RA60 is wider.

So double check which Celica diff you're getting, as not all T series are the same.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Really common for the seat mount to snap, happends because people "fall" into the seat instead of entering the car normally. You could make up a replacement uprated part easy or take one from a similar car like ke70 at a guess.
    Price on your diff comes down to whats being reco'd and what model of t series it is.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Ive messaged the guy about the diff, will let you guys know when i find out, will see if he can get me the seat mount too, because at the moment ive got a really bodged support braket in place bolted to the old mount to stop any further damage

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Ok just heard back its off a ta22 so should bolt strait in?
    Last edited by 0036; 6th March 2015 at 05:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Name
    Tony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I don't have a good opinion of Corolla spares for a very basic reason.

i had an ecu for sale for $60 a couple of years ago, he offered me $25 for it. I let it go for $40 and the next day it was up for sale for $130.

he isn't a mechanic so I doubt he would know how to "rebuild" a diff, what does it include? He pulls cars apart in his dad's backyard, not a licensed wrecker.

I know everyone does the odd car here and here but hey at least we aren't charging a premium for the parts we sell

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You cant really blame him for buying cheap and selling for more man if you took the deal. No one forced you to sell

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Hey Guys,

Just an update, so over the last two days ive been doing a major service on the 86, changed diff, box and engine oil aswell as the air and oil filter and flushed the coolant(for the most part). Had a good look at the diff, and after filling it up ive come to the conclusion its just the gasket thats causing the leak, dont know whether ill change it as im looking to get a diff thats not locked for it, but it will do for now so i can drive it around. So after i had done everything i started her up and drove her for the first time, it was glorious! (for all of the 10 meter driveway in first!). Anyhow i started to bleed the coolant and one of the belts snapped, i believe its the A/C compressor belt, not a 100% sure?

Fortunatly i had already ordered belts from supercheap so hopefully ill get them soon. Anyhow i figured i could go ahead with bleeding the coolant, but noticed alot of oil coming out of the box, it was coming out at a steady rate whilst the engine was idling, anyone have any ideas?

Is there supposed to be a hole in this bolt? im pretty sure this is where it was coming from? Im not familiar with these cars so i dont know?

She is back in the shed till i know why its leaking from the box and thats were im at now.

Also ive decided to bog up the pop-rivit holes in the rear panels and just give it a coat of black paint so it doesnt look so bad for now as i dont have the money to get them cut and re-welded at the moment.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Its been a while but the circled bolt is the filler hole and the bolt underneath is the drain hole. There shouldn't be a hole in the top nut. A little further up and towards the bell housing there should be the reverse switch which commonly leaks.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast