Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 0036's AE86 Levin Resurection Build

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I sprayed the dash only, because that was the first thing i did, however the rest is all the same dye, Motospray vinyl spray, used it on the interior plastics and the roof lining as it has a really good finish in my opinion. I have also heard VHT vinyl dye is REALLY good but cant find it anywhere.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Put the door trims back together to see how everything looked, they're not perfect and i could spend a couple more hours refining but im fine with the finish for now.

Im ready to put all the trim above the doors back in, but im struggling with the sunroof liner, ive spent a good 3 hours on it now and still got no clue. If anyone knows any tips or tricks to it, i would be very grateful!

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

No major progress this week. Picked up some wheels which will be going on soon and did a mock up of what im hoping ill have when im finished long way off but not to far

Should finally be getting a replacement panel this weekend, so if all goes well with the panel shes not far from road worthy

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Been busy this weekend, started putting the interior back together, had problems with the paint on the roof liner so i had to re-do it. Dont have any pictures of the interior yet as its too dark in the shed and its not quite ready to be rolled out for some photos, but i think its looking good.

Ive removed the front panels and bumper for a bit of a touch up. Going to use the RH front guard as a test piece for the paint, stripped it back with paint stripper and sanded out what the strip missed:

Here's how its sitting currently, in primer ready for some paint:

Now to the trouble panel, so this has been the biggest challenge so far, i have considered alot of directions to take to fix it, but ive decided seeing as i have a very, very limited budget that im just going leave it as it, its not going to be perfect but it means i can put more money into better things.

So with that in mind i cleaned it up and gave it a coat of primer to see what i would be dealing with

I still intend to fix the drill holes (currently testing different methods on the other side), but for the most part once its painted i dont think it will be too bad!

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Not interested in using an over fender to cover it and allow for bigger wheels?

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

yeah, ill probably run them on it till i find a new shell

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Dyed the other door trim, and passenger trims this week, the came up nice:

Also dyed few other bits and pieces, the interior is all done and im slowly putting it back in

Again sorry for quality! Hoping to roll it out of the shed soon for some better photos!

Paint on the front guard is halfway done, so far its not too bad for a rattle can job

Also here is the new wheels i bought a few weeks ago:

I think they will really make the whole car pop once its re-sprayed!
    Last edited by 0036; 10th May 2015 at 05:43 PM.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Finally started work on the panel damage this weekend, patched the drill holes with selley's autofix then sanded smooth, it came up really well. Then began the bog, finished off most of a 1kg tub to fill the crumpled areas. Still needs more to bring it even, but ill sand the fuck out of whats on the car at the moment before i make more work for myself! Also sprayed some primer on the drill holes in prep for some putty to smooth it out.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

More panel work this weekend, rolled the 86 outside this time so i didnt gas myself with the fumes like last time

Put down a few more layers of bog, and smoothed it out with a grinder, then hit it with some primer filler

I used some high build putty to build up low areas and smooth the panel out, then sanded it back

Another coat of filler primer on top of that. This is were its at now, however still needs a fair amount of work to bring it completely smooth so might have to break out the bog again soon!

On the other side, i used some rust converter and primer before filling the drill holes with selleys autofix

Grinded the top off the autofix to bring it flush then hit it with some putty to smooth it out. Just need a bit more sanding and filler on this side before its ready for its base coat.

Also here's a shot of the interior in the light, its really dusty and i had to pull bits out again but i thought i would include it anyway

Still a fair amount of work to go, but now that the panels are sealed i can put the hatch plastics back in and finish of the interior and there's not much work to go after that, im hoping to have this on the road in about a month, but thats only if i dont run into any problems so fingers crossed!

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

That rear looks hard work!
    Did you consider cutting out and welding another in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast