Thread: 0036's AE86 Levin Resurection Build

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Such a shame to see all that effort and you not pay someone to lay down some nice colour

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Cant afford it and dont really care, the whole car is rough as fuck and i love it
    Last edited by 0036; 8th November 2015 at 05:40 PM.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Bumper bar fitted up now that i got some proper bolts

New tyres on the front. Picked up some lowering springs too, which should make it sit nicer once i fit them.

Interior is all back together, was waiting on a few bits and pieces which i got this weekend.

Also fitted my zero fucks given fuel flap, onto my favorite panel

Pretty much ready for rego, hoping to take it next weekend. Spoke to a former rego fraud investigator (or something along those lines) about the panel damage and he said i should be right as there is no structural damage, so i hope he is right. Only thing that is stopping me at the moment is i dont have a left hand side mirror, doesnt seem to be any around either which may push things back a bit.

Name
    Steve
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

So i had my first crack at my roadworthy about 3 weeks ago, went pretty well, no problems with the bodywork just minor shit. Then i took it for re-test on friday, past and i now have plates!

So now that im through rego i can really get down to the fun stuff, first things first was wheels, i was never too keen on the enkeis i like the style but it just didnt suit the car. So i found a set of wheels i liked on gumtree and got em!

They are Rota grid classics, 15x8 +0 wrapped in 205/50r15 Federal 595 RSRs. Really like them on the car but ill probably swap out the tyres for 195/50r15 cheapies instead of the semi slicks. They also scrub RHR side when you through it into the corners.. and thats at stock height

Some pictures of the final thing

Really happy with it so far, but there is still so much i want to do. Waiting on a parts order that will hopefully arrive soon, then i can start on the suspension.
    I have to start saving now for the big stuff, so not much will happen for a while.

Things to come:
    -Sound system - dont have one, would like one (exhaust on the old 4ac isnt the most exciting thing to listen too)
    -Power -Need power. Haven't decided on what engine yet, but im hoping for an minimum of 150kw at the wheels, so must probably forced induction but it will all come down to cost in the end.
    -Paint/body work - Ultimately i would like a clean car, but due to cost this is not going to happen for a long time, but eventually id like to get the rear quarters replaced and a serious paint job done.
    Last edited by 0036; 20th December 2015 at 02:33 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8