Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default 1983 1uzfe v8 hilux

Selling my daily driver toyota hilux ln41
    I have done all work to this vehicle and hand fabricated every new component. I am fully qualified as a sheetmetal fabrication engineer.
    The motor/box/loom/ecu/instrument cluster/gear shifter/steering column/brake master cylinder/ cruise control unit out of a lexus ls400 front cut that i also have the receipt for.
    The motor is healthy and runs great, i have made a custom idler pulley setup for the front of the motor to replace the thermo fan oil pump that they run from factory and in the engine bay i have put the lexus fuse box too. Recently replaced all spark plugs, oil and filter. It's running a walbro 255 intank fuel pump in the stock 70L tank that i have modified to have a swirl pot inside of to stop fuel surging. I have used an aero flow filter relocation setup to give the motor clearance on the rail too.
    I have installed a custom twin core alloy radiator too that has two electric thermo fans on it that are controlled automatically.
    I have put the early model rn30 front end on with the round headlights as i like the look better. It was resprayed in a mitsubishi blue metallic by the previous owner which is nice and i have matched the engine bay in a matte version of the colour, it has 4x4 front guards on it and bolt on rear flares to cover the wheels, it has 15x9 -24 diamond racing wheels on it with 195/50 tyres in good condition. The cab has been fully repaired of all rust and has a fresh windscreen in it (5months old) it has the factory 4 panel back window too that you can open and allows amazing ventilation. The tray as a little rough and does have some rust (won't affect rego as not part of occupants space) it is however fairly rare as i have never seen another longbed in this state. In the tray i have custom fabricated a set of tool boxes that fit perfectly in the space behind the cab. The unit is divided into two, one side housing the odyssey dry cell battery and the iscollator switch and the other being for general storage, all lockable.
    Onto the interior, it has new carpet, new headlining, a pair of later model toyota seats with lumbar support etc. I have shaved the dash of all unnessiscary holes and smoothed it out then painted it charcoal grey. The lexus cluster, gear shifter and electronic telescopic steering column that all work, i have installed a new stereo system with new speakers in the doors. It has a mx32 centre console in it and a floor mounted handbrake. Also fitted is an electronic trailer braking system. It has a grip royal sports steering wheel too. It needs a dash pad to be made for it and the interior will be complete.
    Under the car i have made a new exhaust system with two stainless hi flow catalytic converters, two large hot dog resonators and one stainless steel muffler before the diff, i have used stainless V band clamps throughout and it is all TIG welded. It isn't stupid loud but does have a good throaty sound to it. I have made a custom tailshaft too and custom gearbox mount. The engine mounts are made from 6mm steel plate and all tig welded by me. I have replaced all of the wheel bearings recently and it has new bendix 4x4 front pads with 4x4 hilux brakes as well as machined rotors. I have installed a new thicker sway bar and bushes in the front as well as a new drag link with new ball joints so the steering feels quite nice, in the rear i have put a new set of rear leaves in and reset them to run reverse eye so lower than stock but no illegal blocks. I have also replaced all shackle/eye bushes with super pro items very recently.
    In the tail lights i have converted them to run small LED panels so the lights in the rear are super bright and makes reversing at night a breeze.
    I have made a custom tow bar setup too that uses a slide in hayman reese style tow setup which is also included.
    There are a few bits that need to be finished though, the windscreen wipers are onky half wired up (they work but only on fast speed) it needs a horn wired in (easy job) dash pad to be made, could use new shocks but they arent too bad, the exhaust finishes at the diff so you could leave it or get it made to exit out the rear. The fuel gauge just needs the sender wired to it to work too, the sender is in the tank.
    There is probably heaps more, just hard to remember it all, any questions don't hesitate to pm me on here or msg me on 0421198614
    Build thread here:
    Looking for $8000 firm as I've spent easy $6000 on just the motor conversion. Also has about 9 months rego and located in hills district nswClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1425799662410.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	34845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1425799677870.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	34846
    Last edited by drift kid; 8th March 2015 at 10:03 PM.

Name
    Myles
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Swaps for a 2JZGE MX83 Cressida? Haha

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country