Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Whats that button for.....

Recently I made a change to the forums which hopefully people will find somewhat useful....

So in a nutshell, whenever you post links to FB, instagram, photobucket and imageshack etc. at the end of each day a script runs that takes a copy of the images that you have linked to the forums. Should in a month / year or decade the original images be lost, we can now recover them and swap the image with the ones locally.

The script has been running for about the last 18 months, so if you see threads missing pictures please don't hesitate to push the button to see if the images can be retrieved.
    Last edited by Matt; 25th April 2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nice

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey Matt,
    The button in question doesn't show in this thread for me (forum returns attachment ID error).

Also noticed it seem to be on all PM's as well. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Great idea
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah there isn't pictures in the thread hence the error message as such , I'll change the message to say something better to explain it.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hola, so none of the images grabbed are actually appearing for me, isolating the link directs me to a page that doesn't exist and I get redirected to the forum home.

Only reason this has come to my attention is that some of the pictures in my build thread have had their links replaced with ae86dc ones, i.e.

I have everything on file but yeah, is that right or am I a fucktard?
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Any fb link automatically gets replaced, and I was doing that about 3 years back but putting all pics in one directory. A limit was hit and i had to split them up into other directories and i thought i had got all the links but obviously i have missed some.

Send me the a link to where the pics are missing and i'll sort it out. That dead pic u linked up is stored

I'm not sure what is happening with this one, but leave it with me and i'll have a look closer as to what is going on.
    Last edited by Matt; 25th April 2015 at 01:34 PM.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I found an error where the location of the pics for some users wasn't being updated correctly. It should be right again now, but pm me with links that have missing pics or are broken.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

As for the button being on pms, i wasn't aware it showed up there, but thanks for letting me know. The ! to report threads / pms / whatever else you can, will have the image button sitting next to it.

It won't work for Pm's because they are private and not scanned for pics.

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I don't know if it is related to this feature but, everytime I try to upload a JPG to one of my threads I get an error. Files aren't huge (~1-2.5MB) IMO.

Error text from alt title: " [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"] ".

Edit: I tried URL uploads too and it always throws a javascript alert saying "Invalid URL". Tried a couple of sources for my photos to no avail.
    Last edited by wookster; 8th May 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast