Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Basics - AE86, Stripped out, 4AGE, Grip/Touge/Hillclimber car - My 6th AE86 - Moonlight Garage

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Default Back to the Basics - AE86, Stripped out, 4AGE, Grip/Touge/Hillclimber car - My 6th AE86 - Moonlight Garage

A few months ago, I picked up a shell which I really fell in love with...... I've never owned a white one, and I already had plans for a build, and I liked this shell more than the other spare shells I have......

After always owning turbo 86's, I wanted to go back to the basics, as recently I've discovered its just as much or even more fun to drive the living shit out of a NA 4AGE......
    My plan was to build something very basic and lightweight to use for Hills runs, Hillclimbs and some track days (grip)....

So, I picked up this shell from a nice chap in Shepparton in Vic..... The car had been sitting around for quite a few years, but the chassis and body is actually very good and rust free..... Its a 1985 model too. It seems to have keep its condition better that most...

When I picked it up -

How the car was -

Had a smashed passenger door window -

Nice front flares was a bonus -

The firewall had a great big dirty hole where that someone had cut for a 20V ...... I welded it up and came up good -

I cut the section out of a crash shell I had lying about -

For the donor motor, I had a AE82 Bigport in my stocks that needed a new headgasket...... Changed the headgasket, New Gates Racing timing belt and tensioner bearing etc, converted to RWD, cleaned it all up etc, and it came up looking more acceptable -

For a Gearbox, I had a JDM T50, new genuine gaskets, Hardrace gbox mount and fitted up a 6 puk clutch -

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I resprayed the engine bay and the car interior all white..

Engine in and wired up, factory AE82 oil cooler, intake is a genuine Apexi pod filter and running a new set of TRD copy extractors with half 2.25 and then 2.5" exhaust with 2 hot dogs only (bloody loud -

For suspension and steering, I have -
    REAR - HTS102R Tokico shocks (all round), 4.5kg rear springs, T3 adjustable panhard rod, cusco strut tower brace, standard swaybar, adjustable rose jointed lower rear trailing arms (adjusted to 4deg)

FRONT - custom coilovers (HTS102R Tokico inserts), 30mm RCA's, AE86 power steering arms, QUAIFE quick rack (2.5 turns lock to lock), new rack ends, New Japanese 555 tierods, rose jointed strut brace, new Superpro LCA bushes, New superpro rack bushes and standard swaybar

Fuel system consists of a JDM fuel tank, with a Aristo 2JZGTE stock intank pump, new flexible lines, new fuel filter (300zx) and Autometer pro comp fuel pressure gauge. Plenty of flow there.....

I also fitted up Whiteline lights in the back -

For the interior, its completely stripped out.... All it contains is a rear harness bar, 2 seats, Nardi steering wheel, a stock dash bare inner skin (all padding/covering removed) and 2 grey door cards.... Nothing else...

I will post up a few more pics of it when I can...

Here is a quick video after doing the timing after the first startup yesterday...

I plan to keep making the car lighter by swapping to fibreglasss panels when and where I can. I am also building a higher comp N/A motor that with go in the car once its finished.

Name
    B-unit
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Haha, this is mad Jojo! Highly approve of the exhaust

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Sounds awesome man! Nice work so far.

Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

so much love for this car

Raw and basic

hows 86s are ment to be
    JJ
    "my mind demands side pipes out of hear, now to command my hands to make them"

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I thought I recognized the name on the invoice for the tie rod end, light-weight and N/A is my idea for the perfect 86. Never had so much fun going slow.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looking really good. Surely someone needs to put a quota on the number of ae86's you own?

But hey i can't talk.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah JAmes, so much fun..... And with the basically straight pipe exhaust, the noise is amazing... hahaha

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This is really neat as far as stripped out cars go

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast