Thread: Tyre shops in Brisbane

Name
    Graham
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Tyre shops in Brisbane

Does anyone on here work at a tyre shop in Brisbane? Looking for a good deal on a set of 185/60/14 performance tyres, something equivalent to the old RE001s, fitted and balanced. Southside would be ideal. Cheers.

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Not trying to hi-jack but saw this and it reminded me that I need some tyres too.

Originally I used Tyrepower at Morningside because I knew one of the fitters but they shut up shop.

I then used to go to Bob Jane at Carina on Old Cleveland rd and they were competitive and decent with customer service. Last time I went there I got Falkens in like 215/45/r15 for $90 ea.

I now live on the inner North-west side and got quoted $110 for some 195/50/r15 Falkens yesterday which I thought was a bit steep. Doing some more ringing around this arvo.

Name
    Heath
    State
    queensland
    Country
    Australia

Have always been pleased with the guys at keppera and enogera beaurepaires.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ennoggera beaurepairs are good, dont go to Jax across the road tho. Apache at Rocklea do good prices and Tyrepower on the ipswich motorway are goo, I think they rebranded though, the shop right off the exit to the overpass.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hacketts is where allot of people go
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I went to Jax at Enoggera last year after doing my ringing around (previously posted in this thread) and I agree. Don't go to Jax. The only reason I ended up going with them is because they had the size and a decent brand (Hankook) in stock they fitted that day.
    They tried to up-sell me hard to some Achilles (I think?) which I didn't want and almost billed me incorrectly and tried to return my wheels with the incorrect tyres. They re-fitted while I waited in front, but it was an easily avoidable thing if the 'technician' would have read the paperwork correctly...

Will try out the Beaurepair's next time I need tyres.

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Always hear good things about Jeff, whom I think owns/runs Hacketts. Bit too far to travel to if you're not on the southside though.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

For me they put the fronts on the rear and vice versa and had the nerve to say that "It should be done this way but eh". I said no worries I suppose I built a car for 5 years and just found a flush set of wheels because I wanted one pair in the gaurds and another pair outside them. Shut the fuck up and take notice about how its set up before you rip it apart! Also as I drove away some of the weights came off the wheels and when i investigated they had used a bash on weight on a vintage ssr fin wheel . I blew my stack. Then they rang me 2 weeks later and asked if I would come back again and I laughed into the phone till they hung up. No amount of after sales harassment can make up for not training or supervising staff properly imo. I dont respect that, chasing problems instead of being out in front of them. Not to mention tyres are a matter of safety.

Name
    Simon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Option 1 garage have good pricing at the moment. Message them on their Facebook page and get a price straight away.