Thread: Jais hachi

Name
    J-D
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Aus

Default Jais hachi

Well thought it was about time i put one of these up for the new ae86, had it sitting in the yard for awhile under a tarp and finally decided to get something going on it.

is a pretty stockish 84 levin, bought it as a non runner but looks like everythings there to put it back together.

has a bigport 4age, with some 272 cams other then that seems pretty stockish. sounds like a rotary

anyways got it running and driving so i could move it around the yard, so its time to paint it. originally a dark blue car, someone has obviously painted it light blue at some point, but apart from the paint being shit looks like alot of time was spent on the body. seriously one of the straightest sprinters ive ever seen.

so not much bodywork was really needed, fixed up one tiny rust hole in an arch and that was it.. so today was primer and tomorrow hopefully paint. going to be black/white panda

will keep updated

also still have the trueno, but rebuilding that as well

Last edited by smackdown.exe; 10th October 2015 at 09:41 PM.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks to be nice and straight and prepped well for paint. Must be a good feeling owning a clean levin and trueno.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey Jai, very jealous of you. How did Sunday go?

So, what. Are you a painter or something? And do your neighbours mind? hahaha!

I like the little black steelies and white lettering on the tyres when this thing was on the tow truck. Little bit of hot rod look. You still got em?

The engine bay colour (original dark blue) looks almost like battle ship grey, which I like. So, yeah... what are your plans there?

I need to come and see your cars and get you to paint mine... Ha!

(I just checked out your photobucket stream and noticed some nice American muscle... yours?)

Name
    J-D
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Aus

Went very well. am actually a cabinetmaker by trade but paint abit on the side with my old man lending a hand every now and then. neighbors are "understanding" lol i tell them its waterbased paint(is actually 2pac lol ) i ask them to move their cars to avoid overspray getting on them, if not give them a car cover to use lol.

still have the steelies, going to sell them tho later on i think. think i want some meshies for this one

as for the engine bay, i painted my last one white and was a nightmare to keep clean so think ill just go black this time.

bring it around man if you help sand and prep we could easily knock it out over on a weekend.

also yeah i had a 78 corvette which i then swapped for a 65 mustang, only just sold the mustang last weekend to make some room for this new sprinter

few more pics, just gave it a quick buff thisarvo came up so flat and glassy will give it a good cut and polish when paint drys up abit more, then onto painting the bottom black...

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I've got some time off over xmas... What are your plans? HAHA.

But, seriously. I have time off.

Name
    J-D
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Aus

hah ive got to work most of chrissy holidays sorry man should be free after chrissy tho

not much been happening but did manage to paint the black underneath, now can start putting it back together

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Awesome paint detail/ masking! Bummer about Xmas holidays. Will have to sort out another time.

I spy another panda in the background of the last shot... How many you building at the moment? Looks like bumpers removed.

Name
    J-D
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Aus

thats my trueno in the background, that builds on hold at the moment until this is done.

not a whole lot been happening, have a full black interior going in, also new carpet etc. would have loved this done by christmas but dont think that'll happen.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Oh man, that must smell so sweet! What seats are you putting in?

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

This looks so damn neat

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast