Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default ComingSoon C110 GTR

Hi guys,

I've been living in America for the past 18 months working for an engine management company and have had some incredible automotive experiences including being invited to race on Street Outlaws. The amount of amazing American muscle cars I get to see and work on is truly incredible however, I haven't yet found anything I like more than the Datsun 240k coupe. I searched high and low throughout the US and as they were never sold here, the cars seen at shows had all been imported from Australia or Japan. My first car when I got my P-plates was a 240k sedan which i'd paid $1500 for. It was immaculate and I had done the usual mods, wheels, springs, twin SU's etc and loved sliding it around at every chance I got. i sold it to a friend and the friend crashed it and wrote it off.

I decided to take a look back through the Australian Datsun forums for a 240k Coupe for sale but was met by despair as I learnt many of our cars were being purchased by overseas buyers in the US and Arab states and those that were ever available were wanting crazy money for incomplete wrecks. Luckily, I reached out to some AE86 friends and managed to find and secure a bit of a rusty, but very much complete car back in Sydney. I had my old man and friends inspect it and give it the thumbs up I have aspirations of building a Silver C110 GTR replica but for the moment I'm going to put all the GTR flares, lips, wheels on it and leave it as a rat rod until I finish off my AE86 and have a garage for them both. I'm in the expensive/excited stage of collecting parts both here and also in Australia. Here are a coupe of photos of how It was found. I won't be home until mid May so progress will be delayed.

Name
    Declan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hope you have deep pockets my friend. 240ks are an expensive hobby... best of luck, keep us updated & check out the 240k forum section of classic z car (those guys know everything about ken/yonmeris)

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Very cool mate, will be an awesome build. Let us know if you find bits here that need grabbing
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners