Country
    Australia

Default Is this the end for Edward Lees

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	36596

For many years we have been warned of importers who wind back the odometer on cars they have for sale in their yards. It appears one importer I personally have been warned about on numberpus occasions to avoid like the plague was raided regarding fraud allegations.

Winding back a cars odometer is fraud and will see you lose a motor vehicle traders license plus be fined and serve up to 10 years in jail.

It will be interesting to follow the outcome of the investigations and see if this infamous auto trader is convicted or not.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hah suck shit mr lee

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Shout out to for providing a fallback to check if what your are bringing in or buying locally from import dealer is legit.

Lee's had a Red hachi a while back that I considered before I saw what they were about.
    The hachi apparently even had its kms wound back, it looked clean and a decent car still (went down from QLD and took a look at it) but the almost 19k they wanted for it at the time was overkill.

Dealing with them on that, something didn't feel right about it.
    Glad I went with Iron Chef in the end, got what I wanted for the budget available.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

so sketchy and sounds like the practice was rife
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Very much so, there are worse people out there wrecking cars atm with next to no mechanical knowledge other than how to take the parts off. They are selling bits which are stuffed and when it comes time to asking for warranty etc they blatantly say no.

One instance was an Irish fella bought a running big port motor , came time to fill the rad up after installing it and water poured out of the exhaust. It was removed and taken back and he was told no it's a used motor and no warranty.

I really am interested to see what happens to these yards and if jail time will be served.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

they are slippery characters, will be VERY VERY surprised if someone actually gets locked for it
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me