Thread: Panda security, what level do you secure your ride?

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Panda security, what level do you secure your ride?

In the spirit of the sad case that the Hachi from SA was shanked recently, I am interested to see how many of you and to what level have decent security installed on your cars? Considering they are starting to rise in value, they become more of an option to steal and still would be easy enough to offload parts while there are a few around.

Personally I have a few things that might mitigate if the unmentionable happens will help.
    - Several kill switches that need to be activated around the car before it will even start.
    - GPS with a geofence alert where it will tell me if it
    a: moves
    b: leaves the garage
    c: if leaves the garage gives me a live view of it's location at all times.
    - Wifi live to the net camera (Cheap from online), that has a movement sensor in my garage. So anything moves in there it logs video to an online place for viewing, it texts me if there is any movement and I can view from my phone anywhere day or night with infared for darkness too.
    - Car is Go-Jacked into a position it would take far to long to move getting it out of the garage, go-jacks kept off site.
    - Never let anyone I don't know come look at the car where it is stored, instead trailering (un reg and in storage) to another location for viewing etc.
    - I have some major items logged with a clear form of identification so if it got parted and I saw something similar, go look and would be clear it was my part from said car.

I don't expect everyone to tell all secrets but its good to make everyone aware and think about security on cars that are becoming more valuable as time gets on.

Cheers

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Anyone looking for a decent GPS system that you don't have to change the battery often for but also store anywhere on the car discreetly,

Wifi Camera I use that has a great app for your phone so you can view anytime with alerts,

Name
    Brendan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I keep my car disassembled and scattered across the shed/other peoples houses. Also my car isn't finished yet.

But I like the idea of the GPS tracking for when it's finished. I'll probably have a decent alarm on it too, and it'll always be garaged with other cars in the way.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha have to move the Torana to get the hachi out, ok but you better move that Commodore!
    I like the whole disassembled security feature though!!!

Yeah the GPS at least while its on the move gives me real time location and as soon as it moves, messages me by text so I can react straight away.
    Then manage with the online app with live tracking by giving the police the info as it happens, plus give the police a photo from the wifi camera of the people who took it.
    A friend has another version of a gps in his car where he has an old Iphone hard wired up with find my phone on it and prepaid card in it so it doesn't cost anything.

I was away working and it pinged me not so long ago, family member who got into the shed needed to open a door to get some tools out and the Hachi was close to it...so he trolly jacked it up and scooted it over. That movement alone triggered it to message me that something had moved the car and the gps became active. Plus the wifi camera messaged me just before that the someone was in the shed and showed them moving about.

For the small price they charge per year, it is good insurance on something that yeah sure its cool to get the payout if it gets stolen...but better to get the car back and people busted who shanked it.
    The insurance company saw the things in place as good mitigation and I managed to bargain down the final insurance cost too, considering they really would not have to do anything if I got the car back straight up using the GPS.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

There is something very interesting about that car that went missing and found in Sydney. Tbh it could be a simple mis misunderstanding where the person who went to pick up the car thought it was already paid for. either way I'm sure it will be sorted out.

security wise I have a dog at home that is more than capable of protecting my cars
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Jamie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Good to know it was found and it is getting sorted one way or another.

Dogs work too!