Thread: Ash's Black/Silver Trueno Hatch

Name
    ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default Ash's Black/Silver Trueno Hatch

So after about 10+ years of having fairly "normal" cars I got the itch and bought my second ae86 this one is a trueno hatch
    It has fairly basic mods

exhaust
    jasma headers
    sway bars
    strut braces
    coilovers and trd rear shocks and springs
    1.5way lsd
    bride seat
    nardi steering

the next mods on the list are an adaptronic ecu and and 20v itb conversion

I've also ordered a set of work equip 03's in the black polish finish through streeter which should rock up in the next month or so

future plans include trying to find a stock kouki front bumper and aftermarket lip and then just drive/drift it as much as possible
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	36652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1277.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	36651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	36653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	36647  

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks like a nice car Ash, where did you find it?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I found it on gumtree actually which I wasn't expecting. Ended up ordering a 4 link kit and traction brackets from t3 as well so hopefully that comes in the next few days so I have something to do over the weekend. I'm doing a motorkhana Sunday as well for the 1st time so should be fun

Name
    ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Just a quick update.

Decided with buying the new ae86 I wanted to try a bit more motorsport. So today I headed off to a local motorkhana come and try day. I had a good bit of fun but I was understeering like crazy and my handbrake wouldn't lock up. I decided to stop for a quick break when I noticed the car was overheating and the idle was playing up a bit so I called it a day and headed home. Not even 5mins down the road the car was getting hotter and hotter so I pulled into a servo and popped the bonnet to check it out and discovered the dizzy had melted off. Quick ride on the tow truck and she was home and I had the bonnet off to look for the over heating problem, Turned out a waterline at the back of the engine had come off too so the car was totally dry. Im currently in the middle of trying to find a new dizzy cap and heat shield so hopefully I have some luck soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1345.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	36757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1347.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	36758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1348.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	36759  

Name
    ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

So im not much of a writer but I thought id update this with some pics and a video from a couple of recent local events here in wa that I entered

First of all there was a show and shine where I got a million pics that all look the same. Not normally something id be into but it was free to park the car and I was going for a look anyway

Secondly was a test and tune day, the idea was to go for lap times but I ended up channelling my inner Tsuchiya and ended up sliding around instead

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You naughty boy, haha, I hope they didn't see your app going. They usually crack it when people time their laps at RAC. I mean they must know that people do it, but on the way out they always ask 'you're not going to be doing any unofficial timing are you? This is a driver training session, not a race'.

I have been kicked out a number of times for drifting, they don't like that either, shame really, the corners are perfect for it. How do you like the car?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You must of got some shitty old guy running it then. I wasn't there for a driver training session though, this was set up as a private test and tune event so the young guy doing the supervising from the rac centre didn't care about timing laps or the drifting, the only thing I wasn't allowed to do was handbrake entries. This was the first chance I've had to drive it aggressively since breaking it at the motorkhana and it was so much fun, it was super easy to get sliding just needs more power to keep it sliding. The plan now is to get myself a daily/tow car and start using this for drifting at barbs and collie.