Thread: KE70

Name
    Tom
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So guys, pretty big update

Ive been working on the car heaps in any bit of spare time i have between work and uni and other shit. Since replacing the starter motor ive

- Got a new fuel pump fitted and without leaking (took 4 goes of different sealants to stop the leaking as well as new stud to the block
    - Bought myself a set of 14x6 old school Delta wheels which are surprisingly lightweight wheels and got them wrapped in Maxxis Hifly's 185/60r14 which were cheap
    - Fitted a new Century 43 battery
    - Flushed out old coolant (was like mud. Very chunky and brown) and filled with new green coolant
    - Had to put plumbers tape around the thread of the return line on the fuel pump
    - Gave it an oil change by first using an oil flush to get the old oil out (was very dark brown/black but had no chunks) and replace with Shell Helix 20w50 oil and a new Ryco oil filter
    - Overall cleaning up of the car
    - Used Selleys builders bog to repair the rust behind the rear wheels - amateur job but more then happy with it for the moment being a first timer
    - Purchased a pair of Autotecnica Monza Sport bucket seats (would normally wait for this kinda stuff but at $150 for the pair in as new cond i wasnt saying no haha)

Now all thats left to do is organise a unregod vehicle permit for a day, drop it off at an exhaust shop in the morning (prev owner cut the muffler where it comes back down from the diff. Most likely going to get a straight through performance muffler welded on) and then off to my mechanic in the arvo to sort out rego.

Have taken heaps of footage and begun editing to start the youtube channel with a few mates however mod videos wont be up for a while - getting her regod is the priority at the moment but ill keep you guys updated.

Cbf compressing every single one of my photos because the forums uploader can only handle a certain amount. You guys can see everything when i start publishing the videos, hahaha.

All feedback welcome

Cheers, Tom

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Don't put a sports muffler on the end of a standard system behind a standard 4K, they sound horrible. Won't make it go any faster anyway, stick with a cheap standard one.

Name
    Tom
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I just figured if I'm going to have to get something welded on i may aswell pay a little more to make a bit of noise?

Best quote for welding a second hand unknown condition stock muffler back on was $70 and i got a quote for welding a brand new straight through performance muffler was $120. I know its not gonna make any significant power increase if at all but im gonna have the 4k in there for about 1.5 years and the only other things i might do are like extractors and maybe change carb but nothing else major, id just like to have something that sounds decently impressive. It actually sounds surprisingly good with no muffler so yeah i figured for $50 i may as well?

Name
    Tom
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys!

So i experimented around with trying to upload images with no luck but found another way for you to see my photos if some of you were interested in my amateur budget build.

I created a google drive with a photo dedicated to uploading the better photos of my KE70 so every time i add more i will share the link again and you guys can see what ive done. Its not particularly much but im stocked with the work ive done myself with a few mates so far so keep an eye out!

I will also upload some of the smaller videos for you guys to see here too like before i had the exhaust on the car and after. With the after video, this was the first time i got to drive it as i got an unregistered vehicle permit to take the car the the exhaust shop before the mechanics for rego so ran into a few issues including really really really bad fan belt squel so try to ignore that. IMO new exhaust still sounds pretty tough but will upload a new vid as soon as the belt squeal is solved and ill get a decent mic too

All feedback and suggestions welcome

And unfortunately havent started the channel yet. There is alot more editing and tweaking than first imagined haha.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by TOM97C; 23rd May 2016 at 12:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2