Thread: Front hubs/ what are interchangeable?

Name
    John
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Default Front hubs/ what are interchangeable?

Hey guys I'm a ae86 newbie and I'm just wondering if any other Toyota or Nissan hub fit on the standard ae86 size stub axles other then the standard ae86 hubs? Just want to go back to a 4x114.3 the 86 I have bought has a Holden/bmw 5x120 stud pattern and old school jap wheels don't come in that pattern.

The discs are massive and run s14 calipers and I can't fit a 14 or 15 inch wheel over them! 16 or 17s on a ae86 isn't a option for me :/

Also going back to the standard 86 adm or jdm front brakes or whatever I can go back to, would I have to change the brake lines to suit? Thread patterns etc?

Not worried about performance as of yet I just want a 4x114 stud pattern back for now then I'll upgrade from there.

Excuse me if I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You should just buy some jdm ae86 front struts and swap the whole lot in after reco ing it. Otherwise you wont have a brake hub rotor compatible setup.

Other hubs will fit but you wont be able to build a brake setup that will work that isnt custom so just keep it stock ae86 as there are upgrades for that setup.

Personally if you are ready to upgrade anyhow you could consider ra40 struts as they are almost the same as ae86 except theym have a bigger solid rotor and a bigger bearing and bolt on caliper bracket. They would need to be coilover converted but then they have the same geometry as ae86 and you have a bolt on bracket to do fairly easy upgrades. You can use st141 or almost any mid size toyota hub from liteace on down to change hub offset to suit different rotors.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 15th April 2016 at 09:04 AM.