Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scott's Panda Trueno Hatch

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good to hear its running right now Scotty, you'll find you end up becoming more and more of a mechanic if you own an 80's Corolla long enough

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Scott
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

This one isnt going anywhere and it'll soon be just a weekend car so not as much of a worry!

Thanks for all the help and I'm sure there will be plenty more questions in the future.

Name
    Scott
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Alright yet another problem has arisen -_-

This time its the steering it seems to "stick" in 2 places when turning the wheel.
    I think the bearings may have gone in the uni joint.

I'm going to jack up the front and try turning the wheel again to see how it goes without weight on it.

However, I'm thinking I might as well push the manual steering conversion up on my to do list and do it now.
    Can anyone advise on how hard this conversion is to do if i find the right parts?
    Has anyone on here done it in a daily? I can't imagine it would be that difficult to drive as the car only weighs 900kg give or take some.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Not too heavy on steering when manual steer. Australian delivered were all manual rack.
    Steering weight does change considerably when you have a quick rack (slow driving/street/parking) but is in a new level when the speed is increased.
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The steering can be a little heavy in car parks, but once you are moving its not really noticeable at all. You will definitely notice the difference at low speeds though! When I got the white car it felt really weird to be able to move it around the driveway without getting a workout! I wasn't sure I had gotten into an AE86

You have PM

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Scott
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It's been a while so here is an update.

Steering issue was caused by play in the front left wheel, this was found and fixed during my pink slip.

Coolant leak was fixed and is now a problem again.
    I think the screws on the water pump dont hold very well.
    I will be buying a sealed unit from SQ and put that in so I dont have to rip it all apart for a 3rd time haha.

All in all enjoying the car so much and learning heaps as I go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3