Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The new Daily Trueno GT-APEX hatch

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well, she's up at stock ride height now, replaced the front wheel bearings and then realised that the front ball joints were a bit done as well. One side is probably bad enough for the pits to crack the sads, so I'll have to replace them as well. Car should be up to spec for compliance though, so I will get that sorted while I order the new ball joints.

Here is the car up at full ride height... looks a bit weird

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

They always look so boring at the standard ride height, mine was terrible with standard bumpers and no skirts.

So close to being on the road, awesome to see more clean streeters getting around.

Oldschool Member
    Name
    anthony
    State
    W.A
    Country
    australia

Nice pick up mate, looks clean,hope the pits don't hassle you to much...I'm still trying to find a nice one in Japan,so might have another 86 in Perth in the nere future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I got to go for a very pleasant drive today to drop the car off with the compliance engineer.

I must be getting old or something, because other than the horrible 4x4 spec look of the suspension I swapped in, it was actually very comfortable and didn't handle that badly for street use....

Might need to start looking into mods for mobility scooters if this trend continues

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Stewart
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'm sure you will snap out of it once its on the deck and looking mint again!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So, I'm a bit late on the update, but I picked up the car last Thursday afternoon from the compliance engineer. He had picked up a couple of small things to sort out before rego (for example one of the hoses for the washer spray had fallen off and needed to be re-connected). I'm glad he had noticed because otherwise it would have sucked to turn up for my inspection as that was literally the first thing they checked at pits

So, with that all sorted I got myself one of these last Friday:

Super happy to get over pits with no problems! The guy was actually super complementary about the car, he was particularly impressed with how clean the underbody and gearbox were.

So, I have been driving with it to work this week. I have managed to replace the rear suspension back to the gear that came with the car, but I haven;t got around to swapping the front struts again as yet. I also stopped in on the ZN6 club's weekly meet after work tonight. I was working nights, so I really only caught the end, but it was still worth going to hang out. Here are a couple of photos some of the other guys took:

The car is actually pretty dirty, but the artificial light hides a lot of it

Next couple of jobs are to swap my front suspension and wheels back on, finish installing the push-button start and get the aircon regassed. That's about all I think I'll have time to do whilst I'm still on the West coast.

Super pumped as it's almost exactly 7 days (to the minute) from when I will be boarding the flights off to Japan! Some of the costs have worked out more than I was hoping, but I'm committed now, so I'm just going to have to put the rest on credit and deal with it later. I honestly doubt I'll get the chance to go again, so I'm not going to cut corners if I can possibly avoid it...

Soon my precious.... soon.....

Anyway, I'll have to chuck some photos up somewhere if I get a chance, if not, definitely afterwords!

Current Cars:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2