Name
    doug
    State
    wa
    Country
    aus

Default S13 rear end in ke70

Hi everybody.

Long time lurker sorta first time poster. I'm in the process of piecing together a new ke70 build. Got some ideas in mind l, some I've found info on some I haven't. I see there lots of info about fitting s13 front ends into ke70's but not so much about an irs rear end

I did a little search on here which didn't show up anything but I'm sure there's something on here somewhere. Can some body please tell me if they have done it before and any pros and cons to keep an eye out for. I did a quick google search and it bought up posts from 2008/10 saying it's very difficult and why would you bother ect. Things have changed a lot in the last 5 years so hoping there's been some more detailed builds

Thanks in advance

Doug

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

One of our members did the s13 swap into his ae86 a couple of years ago now. The entire s13 cradle was installed into the chassis by modifying the ae86 subframe.

i know it took him around 120 hours to get it done, and once done another shitload of time to dial it all in as the car was super twitchy to begin with. But once setup it was nice.

But in all it was a successful swap, just took allot of time and isn't easy to do.

The build thread is located at !
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners