Thread: Not another 2JZ Swap

Name
    Graham
    State
    Va
    Country
    USA

Default Not another 2JZ Swap

Before the bashing begins. Yes I have an idea of the cost. Yes I have an idea of the complexity. Yes I have researched into it. Yes I am still wanting and willing to do it (even if I dont I am willing to have one of the local race shops finish, and yes I have that figured into budget as well). No I dont want to use a different engine to make it easier (Im not sure about a GTE or GE yet though). I want a 2JZ, even if it is for the sake of having a 2JZ, and I love the look of the older Corollas

My question is this. Is there a benefit of using an AE86 coupe over a KE70 coupe for the swap or vice versa? Engine compartment size, weight distribution, etc etc.

I am not new to engines or swaps, I am just new to imports and tuning really. I am coming from LSs and big blocks. Ive put a 383 in an SR5, STI into a Forrester, KL-ZE in a Probe, plus just stock for stock engine replacements and SBCs and big blocks and 6BTs into random things.

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

For drag racing? 2jz na motor and head with turbo support for e85 winning. Put a corner in front of it and the whole point of having an ae86/70 is ruined. They are a light chassis and can be made to steer extremely well. Why ruin it by making it a lead tipped arrow? Either way, open your wallet or get one of those dollar bill gun's because you will need it.
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Name
    Graham
    State
    Va
    Country
    USA

For DD

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Will steer terribly, JZ are big heavy engines. Unless you want to cut the firewall and pull the whole engine back behind the front wheels, not practical in the slightest for a road car though.

3S-GE/GTE is heaps of power for a Corolla, any more is useless unless you're just chasing 1/4 mile times.