Thread: ADM AE86 w/ 4AGE - Northside Brisbane - $8k ONO

Name
    Keating
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default ADM AE86 w/ 4AGE - Northside Brisbane - $8k ONO

Hi guys, unfortunately the time has come to move on and sell my AE86. I really should have sold it a few years ago, I have been holding onto it thinking I could finish it off. Unfortunately this hasn't happened and won't for a long time, so it's time to get it out of my hands on to someone that will actually use it properly. This car has been with me for over a decade now, been on track, on many cruises in the mid to late 2000s, and has been a car that always brings a smile to my face when driving it. I'm asking $8000 ONO, no roadworthy as it's not registered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0FXWMNF - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	37474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 28-5-17, 4 44 16 pm.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	37475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 28-5-17, 4 46 29 pm.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	37476

The Good
    It's a 1984 ADM AE86. 300411KMs on the chassis. Silver and black in colour, tinted windows. Momo steering wheel, gold Hotwires, Pirelli wheels with good tread on them. Original T50 gearbox which is in good condition, a little bit of play on the lever but it slots into gear easy and find reverse well. S-series diff which has never caused grief. Rear hubs have been repaired in the past. Fuel pump was replaced with a new unit in 2013, there is a bit of whine from it but not overly loud. The car is running all original panels and external body parts, there is no damage to the lights etc, just age.

Suspension has been changed, running KYB short stroke shocks front and rear, AJPS springs - 8KG front and 6KG rear with panhard bar. Steering rack ends have been replaced from original. All other parts are standard ADM.

Interior is good for the age, carpets are pretty solid, back seat is fine, front seats are a bit worse for wear but are the awful ADM seats anyway. The dash has some cracks, a previous owner has run a plastic strip across the dash but it's never been removed as long as I've known the car so I don't know the full condition. Instruments work fine apart from the trip meter. Comes with a Fully Sik (TM) 6 stack DVD player, front split speakers and rear 6x9s on a custom built parcel shelf. There is power and signal cabling to the boot where an amp and sub was, these are long gone but the cabling is there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 28-5-17, 4 45 26 pm.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	305.1 KB 
ID:	37472

The engine was swapped when the 4AC blew up to a bigport 4AGE out of a JDM AE86. Link of the conversion is in my sig. Craig from Just JDM did the conversion and hasn't missed a beat. Engine had just under 156,000KMs on it when it was put in, I've probably done another 15,000KM or so since the conversion. Comes with pod filter (which has been secured to the chassis to pass roadworthy), TRD spark plug leads as well as 2.5" straight through exhaust to the muffler. No leaks, engine runs very strong, revs happily to 8500RPM, sounds like a twin cam should and just goes hard. The radiator isn't standard, I haven't been able to properly ID it but I've been told it looks like a Camry radiator. It's had a full flush done, water pump is fine, running the standard clutch fan.

The not so good

Interior kickpanels are pretty average quality, the middle console plastic around the head unit was damaged when the car was broken into years ago and I haven't replaced it. Some other panels are loose as the screws kept falling out. The leather on the steering wheel needs to be re-done. The light switch is broken and missing. Rear struts for the hatch are pretty buggered, and the spring in the fuel filler flap fell out and hasn't been replaced. The car is plumbed for air-con but it isn't attached, the cabin fan is quite noisy but does pump air. Car has aftermarket central locking installed but the left solenoid has failed (I have 2 replacements I can supply with the car).

Rust. Every AE86 in Aus has it, this one is no different. It's had one lot of repairs done to the rear left and rear left quarter panels, there's no rust in these parts (it was done right) but has popped up in other places - under the fuel flap, under the windows, in the B-pillars and the right C-pillar under the hatch, as well as in the skirts. There's some bubbles around the place. I haven't seen any rust in the chassis, which is a good thing. Paint is peeling in some spots, the bonnet has a couple of spots where the paint has come off. Rubbers in the doors are a bit perished but haven't come off.

The starter motor isn't 100%, it clicks a few times and then kicks into gear (once engaged it's still strong). The alternator is a bit iffy and there's a battery drain somewhere, it may just be I'm not running it long enough to replenish the battery (which is just over 12 months old). The clutch needs to be replaced - the throwout bearing sticks when the engine warms up. The hydro line for the clutch needs to be moved (it sits on the exhaust) which is the main problem, but I'd say there's something not right inside.

So that's the long and short, this car has been faithful and the most fun to drive of anything I've been in. I just don't have the time or money to commit to it any more, as much as I love it, it's not doing any good sitting in my garage so it's time to let it go. It comes with a double barrel muffler that came with the car originally and sounds great but haven't hooked it up, also there's two "drift" tyres with dodgy tread in the boot that I can send off with the car as well as some other bits. PM if you'd like to have a look, serious offers only. I've got an image gallery with new and old pictures at .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g2DyPWm.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	323.8 KB 
ID:	37473  
    4AGE is here! Cheers 44GTE and Anthony for your help! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?t=10384

AE86 Driving Club Official Rules -please read!

What am I doing right now? Twitter me!

Name
    Zane
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

How hasn't this sold? one of the best priced on the market i reckon.

Name
    Keating
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Bump, car is still available.
    4AGE is here! Cheers 44GTE and Anthony for your help! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?t=10384

Name
    Jordan
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Hey, can I have a gumtree link or something? I'm thinking of buying this.

Name
    Keating
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia