Thread: ** Meet Nat's AE71 'Dorothy' ** - New to forums

Name
    Natalie
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Smile ** Meet Nat's AE71 'Dorothy' ** - New to forums

Hello everyone! This is me and my little beauty, Dorothy. Got her about a year ago and have been obsessed with Corolla's since. Bought off a 94 year old lady - original owner for $1000 and had only 100,000k's on the clock...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and babyyy.jpeg 
Views:	693 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	37594
    Pretty much completely stock at the moment, no real modifications yet, just taken the cat out from the exhaust and put in a bangin sound system (JL audios in the back, pioneer competition splits in the front, Arc audio amp and a sexy double din pioneer headunit

Planning a manual conversion (already got a T50 box out of a TRD ae86), eventually will be doing a 4AGE conversion, adding sway bars, changing rims to (hopefully) rays or simmons (or something black, 5 spoke and equally tough). Still deciding on a flat front conversion w/ quad lights and a respray...

Weighing up how much to invest in the rear end, will be doing a drums to disks conversion and putting in an ae86 rear end, and possibly putting in an TRD LSD... Some other mod's I'm planning are flaring the guards and adding chrome bumpers.

Basically I plan on turning this little gem into a bit of a beast under the hood and make it more slippery on the road.

Let me know what you guys think, and what other mod's you would suggest.
    I am also in the market for quite a few parts so if you have anything relevant to the projects I mentioned feel free to hit me up.
    Last edited by rolla.kid; 24th July 2017 at 06:45 AM.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks like a great buy. Chrome bars and keeping the slanty front would be a great move along with rays TE37's, or other period correct Jap 5 spokes, maybe not Simmons. You will love the way the car feels after the manual conversion.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I like it.

I've done most of your mods list before and the only thing I wouldn't recommend would be getting too big a front swaybar, it can cause understeer IMO and the stock one is big for the size of chassis. Without increasing sideways loads by using motorsport tyres you would find it inhibiting.

Keep us updated!

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks neat!
    Where abouts in Melbourne are you located?
    I might have some stuff you'd be interested in for reasonable prices if ya wanna shoot me a msg with your parts list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk