Thread: Starlet KP61 for sale (Perth)

Name
    Just
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Default Starlet KP61 for sale (Perth)

After 20 years of ownership, I have reluctantly decided to sell my 1983 Toyota Starlet KP61.

This car was my first ever car that I bought in either late 1997 or early 1998. It was my daily driver up until 2004 when I bought something else, but I always enjoyed driving the Starlet and kept it as a second car that was usually driven once or twice a week. Because it was a second car for much of its life, it has relatively low k's on it.

In the 20 years that I've owned the car, I've only seen two others on the road here in Perth, which perhaps gives you an idea of how rare they are. It is of course rear wheel drive, and mine has a 4 speed manual and a 1.3 litre engine. It has been extraordinarily reliable in all of the years that I have had it.

After all these years, I'm hoping to find someone who will take good care of it, appreciate it for what it is, give it a good home and perhaps restore it to its former glory.

Condition: The car has done roughly 212,000 km. The car has been serviced regularly over the 20 years I have had it (every 5000km or 12 months, whichever came first) and has been a much-cherished car that was always treated exceptionally well. It is completely stock. It has never been raced or anything of the sort. It has been garaged for most of its life, and when it wasn't (back when I first got it), it always had a waterproof cover on it. I can't stress how well I have treated this car, e.g. I would always give the engine a bit of time to warm up especially on a cold morning and would always drive it gently when cold. As an another example, when the car was rained on and before I had a garage for the car, I would hand-dry the car as soon as there was a break in the rain so that I could put the waterproof cover on it. Now after 20 years, it could use a bit of work. More than anything it really needs a respray as the paint isn't in great condition. There is a bit of surface rust but the chassis itself isn't rusty like so many of these cars are. I can elaborate more on the car's condition to anyone who is interested.

Price: I've struggled to answer the question of what is the car's real value, even posting the question of what the car is worth separately . I didn't get many responses (and the only response I did get was from someone in the US), so I am open to offers. Having said that the rules of this forum apparently require me to name a price, so I will use the value that someone from TECWA (Toyota Enthusiasts Club of WA) who is really familiar with these cars told me that it's worth: $5000. In fact, he said that KP61s are worth "easily" $5000 and generally more, and that they are appreciating given how rare they are.

Here's the only picture I have at the moment, but I will of course post more if anyone wants me to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starlet.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	37840

Name
    Mike
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hi can I come over to look at the Starlet Cheers Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Just
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hi Mike, I'll send you a PM.

Name
    Danny
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

Hi mate , Im very interested. Can you call me on 0415491725 or pm me your number. Iā€™m in Perth
    Thanks Danny
    Last edited by Danfurl; 30th April 2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Name
    Just
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hi all, I've had a couple of offers on the car including one that I thought was quite reasonable, but I've decided to hold onto the car after all. My emotional attachment to the car was a bit stronger than I thought and I realised I'd miss it a bit too much.

It was great to hear that there's a fan base for these KP61s, the response I had was much greater than I was expecting. When I do decide to move the car on I'll be sure to post here again (though I'll be 100% sure I can part ways with it before doing so!).

Name
    martin
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

pm'd